. .

Thread: New start

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Hehe we are the same on that regard! I train in cad as often as I can so that I may be able to do some magical stuff when the router is completed ;) I have two (soon three) small children so there is almost never time!

The router will have 20mm square rail on all axis. Sad to say I couldnt afford hiwin or THK. I went for Chinese copies :)
    1610 ballscrews (2 for x axis) with special end machining to be able to take htd pulleys. I ordered 1605 for z axis but got the wrong one from China. Luckily I got full refund for it :)
    Will use steppers, dual for x axis.

When will you start your build? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Good luck with the pour, keep bubbles out and maintain a reasonable temperature.
    I think it would have been a good idea to include some diagonal bracing on the frame; http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/6565-...2425#post52425
    Thank you Eddie! Your build was a great inspiration for me!
    My support for the x axis beams are only 80mm long and when I have the gantry in place I will bolt a plate into the beams to stabilise everything ( I hope )

I had in mind to start it early at summer but the lack of ability to design at CAD and little free time push me to July and no cnc plans yet.
    Here is the starting thread that is frozen...lol.

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10873...-advice-needed

Pour complete! Besides shaky hands and a small hole to pour through it went awsome! No leaks (yet)
    Found one bouble when I was done

Massaged it with a dentalstick :D

Im happy so far

Used the reactive resin stuff with Synamin slow cure.. I can't wait to take the dam off :D
    Last edited by Nr1madman; 24-07-2017 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Wrong link

I can't wait to take the dam off
    Wait at least 3 days, more if you can, get on with something else to keep your mind off it.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by Nickhofen View Post
    I had in mind to start it early at summer but the lack of ability to design at CAD and little free time push me to July and no cnc plans yet.
    Here is the starting thread that is frozen...lol.

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10873...-advice-needed
    Aah I've read your thread! Hang in there!
    I've been planning and replanning for 6 years.
    Was going to build something like a JGRO. Then I was going to buy a Chinese 6040 and redo the motors and electronics. Then I was going to build a "joes hybrid". It was actually this forum that got me to change my mind from that idea :D So read and find what feels right for you..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nr1madman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Wait at least 3 days, more if you can, get on with something else to keep your mind off it.
    I was gonna wait 10-14 days.. now you opened my mind for a quicker development :D No worries.. I have a lot of work with my Z axis and no free time. Probable for the best hehe

10 to 14 days sounds good, maybe I was too enthusiastic at 3 days
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    I was gonna wait 10-14 days.. now you opened my mind for a quicker development :D No worries.. I have a lot of work with my Z axis and no free time. Probable for the best hehe
    Yes don't be too quick at taking the moat out etc. min 7 days small bubbles come out with just flashing a hot air gun across the surface
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Haha I love being enthusiastic, makes life a little more fun!

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information