. .

Thread: New start

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Don't know if you are using USB version or not but I'd check your PC settings because could be energy saving shutting down the USB ports when thinks Pc is idle.? This would have the same affect as E-stop to the controller because lost connection with PC which would explain why still get E-stop message when not connected.!

Could even be a program working in the background which try's to check ports etc causing blip just long enough to trick controller it's lost connection.
    I thought about that also but he said that UCCNC detects a hardware e-Stop, not that it lost connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Exactly!

I am using 1.2047, latest stable release according to cncdrive..
    Have emailed balazs, hope he has a solution ;)

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
    I am also using 1.2047 and never seen unexpected e-Stop.

Don't know if you are using USB version or not but I'd check your PC settings because could be energy saving shutting down the USB ports when thinks Pc is idle.? This would have the same affect as E-stop to the controller because lost connection with PC which would explain why still get E-stop message when not connected.!

Could even be a program working in the background which try's to check ports etc causing blip just long enough to trick controller it's lost connection.
    This might be it.. not power setting but background programs.
    I have checked power settings and they are set to "always on"

I'm using my old home computer so there are all sorts of programs installed. Should test reinstall but I have no valid windows cds left. Stuff like that gets destroyed some were between child 2 and 4 ;)

Its still strange that it starts to happen after about 2h and not when running pockets and contours just 3d....

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    I thought about that also but he said that UCCNC detects a hardware e-Stop, not that it lost connection.
    It might not show as a full loss of connection but does cause's an interrupt just long enough to trick controller. These are the Silly tricks USB gets upto and why I won't use it.!!
    Also do you know for sure that UCCNC displays connection lost message and doesn't just throw a Generic E-stop message if doesn't fully lose connection.?

It might not show as a full loss of connection but does cause's an interrupt just long enough to trick controller. These are the Silly tricks USB gets upto and why I won't use it.!!
    Also do you know for sure that UCCNC displays connection lost message and doesn't just throw a Generic E-stop message if doesn't fully lose connection.?
    Well during large noise problems (tried unshielded vfd wire) uccnc looses connection with uc300 and can't be reset without disconnecting usb and reconnect.
    That is way worse then e stop.
    Now when it e stops I can just reset, run spindle and then start cycle again.
    But for every time I do so it will run a shorter time before it e stops again :(

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Day Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    USB will generally just fail/lock up. If you do get problems with that, get a USB isolator.
    Search ebay for "USB Isolator", and get one that uses an ADUM chip (I think most of them do).

However, it sounds like you have a noise problem.
    Simple fix is to add a small capacitor to the E-stop input to the controller to act as a basic noise filter, but depending on your e-stop circuit, it may be better to add a resistor to increase the load on the circuit so noise isn't as big a problem.
    The only concern with those fixes is, the noise may be affecting other things, but not as noticeably I.e. lost/gained steps.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    USB will generally just fail/lock up. If you do get problems with that, get a USB isolator.
    Search ebay for "USB Isolator", and get one that uses an ADUM chip (I think most of them do).

Simple fix is to add a small capacitor to the E-stop input to the controller to act as a basic noise filter, but depending on your e-stop circuit, it may be better to add a resistor to increase the load on the circuit so noise isn't as big a problem.
    The only concern with those fixes is, the noise may be affecting other things, but not as noticeably I.e. lost/gained steps.
    But should not the noiseproblem disappear when I unassign the e stop port and pin in the software?

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post

He's getting the E-stop even when it's not configured for E-stop so it's not going to be noise on pins.!!

Nr1 are you running the uc300 with external 5v or using the USB.? . . . If later then use external 5v. Same with BOB.

He's getting the E-stop even when it's not configured for E-stop so it's not going to be noise on pins.!!

Nr1 are you running the uc300 with external 5v or using the USB.? . . . If later then use external 5v. Same with BOB.
    I'm using the pc's 5v but from power supply not usb.
    When I used standalone 5v psu I got connection loss issues.
    The bob is still powered from 5v psu and 24v psu ..

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Day Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Is the E-stop a dedicated pin, or configurable to any pin?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread Information