. .

Thread: New start

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Is the E-stop a dedicated pin, or configurable to any pin?
    Configurable to any pin.. get the same error when using pin 12 (like usual) but no wire connected :)

Gonna try to morrow to assign it to a pin or port thats not connected to anything but actually exist physically. Now when I disable e stop I assigned port 0 pin 0 and that doesn't exist..

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Hour Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,910. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    The non-existent pin may actually point to something that does exist.

I'd assign it to a pin that physically exists, and also wire the pin either high or low. I've got no idea how pins on UCNC controllers are configured/wired, so leaving it unconnected means it could be floating high/low.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    This might be it.. not power setting but background programs.
    I have checked power settings and they are set to "always on"

I'm using my old home computer so there are all sorts of programs installed. Should test reinstall but I have no valid windows cds left. Stuff like that gets destroyed some were between child 2 and 4 ;)

Its still strange that it starts to happen after about 2h and not when running pockets and contours just 3d....

Hi nr1madman

Do you have fault relais from the drives hooked up to the emergency circuit?

Just guessing?

Grtz Bert.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by driftspin View Post
    Hi nr1madman

Do you have fault relais from the drives hooked up to the emergency circuit?

Just guessing?

Grtz Bert.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk
    Hey!

No I haven't gotten that far yet :)
    The e stop circuit is made of e stop buttons and a momentary button driving/latching a relay.
    This relay supply the signal to the bob for e stop and power the drives psu and vfd.

So in my thinking a fault in relay or e stop buttons would disable drives and vfd aswell...

Okey..
    Made some changes.
    Jazz will get upset because I made several changes at once and should this work I still don't know the fault :)

I looked at all wiring and found some places where I could improve so a little better cable management. Moved my relays with 24v logic further away from 230v and 50v.
    Also disconnected and removed vfd control from the bob. Had it connected to on/off relay and 1-10v speed control.

After these changes it's been running 3h without fake e stop.

Read on cncdrive forum about similar problem and it turned out that it was interference from switches that caused it. Strange when the e stop was set to port and pin 0!

If it continues to work for me I need another solution for vfd control! Is rs485 to usb twowire system ok?
    But that only let's you control speed and not start/stop from system? Or am I mistaken? :D

Okey..
    Read on cncdrive forum about similar problem and it turned out that it was interference from switches that caused it. Strange when the e stop was set to port and pin 0!

If it continues to work for me I need another solution for vfd control! Is rs485 to usb twowire system ok?
    But that only let's you control speed and not start/stop from system? Or am I mistaken? :D

You can control the forward/reverse control, as well as spindle speed, over the serial bus - I do that now with Mach3, using the HuanYang controller plugin. Clearly depends somewhat on your controller (being a HuanYang) and the plug-in for UCCNC (I've not tried it, but it seems pretty basic functionality - I've got the code for the LinuxCNC driver and it's just a different control sequence that gets sent).

USB interface?, it's fine using that for a USB->Serial convertor - there's nothing time critical sent over this interface if all you're doing is controlling spindle speed etc (standard chinese AC spindle, etc). Just use a decent twisted-pair cable to connect the interface to the spindle inverter. (also, I can't remember WHAT connector I used - but I found it easier to fit a 2-pin connector into the side-wall of the inverter to allow the modbus interface to be easily made/unmade (my frequent changes to the control box solution made me want some flexibility between modbus and discrete control).

Yes, you are mistaken. I don't know which VFD you have, but as far as I know, all VFD which allows RS485 control has at least on/off/forward/reverse/speed commands. I control mine via Modbus protocol and even download some monitoring data.

The USB dongle is fine for Modbus but some models are better than others. I have one like this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USB -RS485.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	24218

...which I don't use because I wanted Ethernet control, so I bought this one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ETH-RS485 - 1.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	24219

Both works reliably, and in fact, you can also buy a WIFI version, which I'd probably go for today, if I not already had this wired one.

Thanks for the help!
    I love it when I'm wrong and it's actually easier than I imagine :D

Damnit! E stops again!

Damnit! E stops again!

The solution is simple.??? . . . Dump USB and Go with Ethernet UC300

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread Information