. .

Thread: New start

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Very nice work! I notice you have blue carriages on your linear rails what brand are they? Do you have a link where you got them?
    Thanks!
    The rails/bearings are the cheapest Chinese copies I could find. Company called noulei.. I ordered from aliexpress but have found them on ebay also. Didn't want to pay for expensive thk or even hiwin incase I don't use the machine much..
    If I start making money with it I'm fairly cetrain that you will see a new build log ;)
    Maybe I should find where I ordered from.. might have to order a new carriage as I have dropped a ball in one (saw the drop and tried to put it back but it could have gone in the wrong track ) and it's very juddery/stiff :(

Quote Originally Posted by cncmachineokk View Post
    Have a nice day!
    work now!
    Attachment 22405
    Hello!
    Have a nice day to you also! What am I looking at? And why? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Thanks!
    The rails/bearings are the cheapest Chinese copies I could find. Company called noulei.. I ordered from aliexpress but have found them on ebay also. Didn't want to pay for expensive thk or even hiwin incase I don't use the machine much..
    If I start making money with it I'm fairly cetrain that you will see a new build log ;)
    Maybe I should find where I ordered from.. might have to order a new carriage as I have dropped a ball in one (saw the drop and tried to put it back but it could have gone in the wrong track ) and it's very juddery/stiff :(
    Good lad I'm utilising our Oriental friends for my build too ;)
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Good lad I'm utilising our Oriental friends for my build too ;)
    Haha I've followed your build too.. I salvage what I can find as well but don't have your resources to sort through ;)

Skickat från min SM-N910C via Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nr1madman For This Useful Post:

Haha I've followed your build too.. I salvage what I can find as well but don't have your resources to sort through ;)

When it comes to cheap I took it to another level lol and bought these
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15-1500mm-...3D282574638774

The rest of my rails are original Hiwin's (2nd hand of course) but my gantry has these cheapo rails on them, they do feel lovely and just as nice as the original Hiwin's but lets see how they feel after a year of use ;)
    Last edited by Desertboy; 31-07-2017 at 09:28 AM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

When it comes to cheap I took it to another level lol and bought these
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15-1500mm-...3D282574638774

The rest of my rails are original Hiwin's (2nd hand of course) but my gantry has these cheapo rails on them, they do feel lovely and just as nice as the original Hiwin's but lets see how they feel after a year of use ;)
    Hehe when I look at those rails I get quoted 500£ for freight. Guess it was a bit cheaper for you. Got my 6 rails and 12 carts for less than that :)

Hehe when I look at those rails I get quoted 500£ for freight. Guess it was a bit cheaper for you. Got my 6 rails and 12 carts for less than that :)

Free P&P to UK so £100, it'd be cheaper for you to ship them to me and then me ship them to you lol. £500 from Germany takes the piss.

I have a Swedish "friend" I say a friend in inverted commas because he gave us surstroming last time we saw him and so next time we meet him he is going to die ;)
    Last edited by Desertboy; 31-07-2017 at 01:47 PM.

I have a Swedish "friend" I say a friend in inverted commas because he gave us surstroming last time we saw him and so next time we meet him he is going to die ;)
    I totally understand :D
    If done incorrect it can be an lifechanging experience!!

Update time!
    The epoxy has been curing for 7 days and I couldn't help myself.. started to take the moat off :)
    It's stuck to the oiled masonit I used like.. well... glue :D
    This will not be a enjoyable experience to clean up I think!
    Will do it in segments and wait a few days more til I put the rails on and start torquing down with screws.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nr1madman For This Useful Post:

I totally understand :D
    If done incorrect it can be an lifechanging experience!!
    I was In Lithuania with friends at the time and when opened it spewed some onto my mates rug which we had to bin after boiling it 3 times, I remember I vomited when they opened the can from the smell.

He kept telling us it was actually nice if served in a certain way but I didn't have any gasoline with me at the time lol.

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information