. .
    I bought a 3d cnc router kit, but am unable to activate it. The supplier is ducking and diving, and it is becoming blatantly clear that they do not know either... can someone please help me to activate this machine?
    I have a video of the machine which I can send to the person for better understanding of what I bought'
    Thank you.

My Utube Vid is on
    https://youtu.be/imjGr-c6UQA

Does the machine do anything ? Turn on ? Spins shaft ? Does it run programs or what ?

Quote Originally Posted by SACarver View Post
    I bought a 3d cnc router kit, but am unable to activate it. The supplier is ducking and diving, and it is becoming blatantly clear that they do not know either... can someone please help me to activate this machine?
    I have a video of the machine which I can send to the person for better understanding of what I bought'
    Thank you.

My Utube Vid is on
    https://youtu.be/imjGr-c6UQA
    G'Day JMM, after having a mosey through that YouTube video and linking to https://github.com/blinkenlight/GCAM/wiki, I've learnt that "> GCAM SE is a free (GPL3 licensed) 2.5D CAD/CAM software for Linux and Windows intended to define simple tasks and generate G-code for a 3-axis CNC mill" which is software I've personally never heard of before.

People on this forum are more than willing to help where they can, but you're going to have to help them to help you by providing far more detail than you have in your initial post.

There is a myriad of machines on this planet, so please provide as much detail as you can about your machine, both hardware and software, and internet links where possible.

Totsiens, Andy

Hi Brett, Thank you for replying. The machine shows a red light on the PCB when plugged into mains and also when the usb cable is connected to the machine. Thereafter I can not get any life out of it.
    Really hope this makes sense... I am open to you seeing for yourself via Team Viewer if this will help I'll download it
    Thank you

Dag Andy,
    Thank you for the reply.
    I bought the machine kit via Bid or Buy, but even their supplier can not activate the machine.
    They can only tell me that it has its origin in China(.. like most other things) but no nothing else besides that,
    I would be more than happy for you to have a go via Team Viewer... If you think you can help I'll download it now.
    Than perhaps com via Skype.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    my email is tohans2011(at) gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by SACarver View Post
    Dag Andy,
    Thank you for the reply.
    I bought the machine kit via Bid or Buy, but even their supplier can not activate the machine.
    They can only tell me that it has its origin in China(.. like most other things) but no nothing else besides that,
    I would be more than happy for you to have a go via Team Viewer... If you think you can help I'll download it now.
    Than perhaps com via Skype.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    my email is tohans2011(at) gmail.com
    Hi SACarver,

I'm afraid I won't be the one to help you fix your issues, as I have neither the experience nor the skills, I'm just a Nerd who dreams of building a CNC machine some day.

It looks to me like BidOrBuy (https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/) is a South African auction site similar to eBay?

My parting comments remain that you need to provide far more detail than you have, or you are unlikely to get help from the people who may be able to help:

1. Such as the internet link where you bought the item such as https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/4022...le_2500mw.html
    2. Photos of what you've got
    3. Etc.
    4. Etc. . . . . . . . . .

Good luck!
    Last edited by AndyGuid; 31-03-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Ok so a red light and no power any were else, we need a link or some pictures of the machine, what power supply it uses etc, like others has said the more info the better, also double check any connections you have made

Make, model, good photos, all the links and documentation you have should have been in your OP.
    Making the people you want help from Google search to find the basic info which should have been in your original post is not a good way to attract useful help.
    On the bright side it shouldn't cost too much to junk all the boards & wiring and get a Break Out Board and some stepper drivers and put together something which works, but please add adequate information.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Thread Information