. .

Thread: New start

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    I'm sure the mesa boards are top quality but that would mean Linux?

Not for me my friend :D

Is fusion360 still free?
    Seems like only for students now?

Tried estlcam now this evening and it seems basic but powerful !
    Anyone tried it?
    Or should I hold on with the software and focus on getting movement first ;)

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
    They actually started making plugins for mach3 but never got past the beta phase it was working but the last posts on the mach forum are 5 years old so one would assume it's been abandoned. Given they had it working it seems a shame they didn't finish the work and bring it to market.

Fusion is still free
    https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...usion-360.html

It's annoying that the controllers don't support both linuxcnc and Mach3 it seems it's a case of supporting one or the other.

I totally get the linuxcnc thing you have to be a sadist to go this route but I've been a casual linux user since 2006 for 6 years I never ran anything else but when I got into cad I had to go back to windows. Also I grew up with a dos prompt so linuxcnc isn't quite so scary.

Now I have a couple of machines running linux and a couple running windows.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 15-03-2018 at 08:52 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Is fusion360 still free?
    Seems like only for students now?
    This is a link to the current website - still looks to be free for "enthusiast" (home/hobby) use.

Thanks to both of you :D
    I must have clicked wrong to get to the educational license...

Or should I hold on with the software and focus on getting movement first ;)

NO 100% NO the sooner you learn the Software side the better, both Cad/Cam and controller. Think of it like giving a Kid toy for Xmas without any batterys.
    Nothing worse than having working machine then saying "Now what.!!!"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    NO 100% NO the sooner you learn the Software side the better, both Cad/Cam and controller. Think of it like giving a Kid toy for Xmas without any batterys.
    Nothing worse than having working machine then saying "Now what.!!!"
    Im actually starting to get some good results in solidworks for CAD.
    Tried fusion before and will give it another try.. tried rhino aswell but that was hard!

For cam Im really liking estlcam. Played some with cambam but it's not working out like I plan ;)

Uccnc will be another thing! CAD and cam I can do indoor with the wife and semi communicate with her while learning. Uccnc is in the shed with the machine so any time spent "learning" will be time away from wife and kids. That's gonna be something to make up for :D

Im actually starting to get some good results in solidworks for CAD.
    Tried fusion before and will give it another try.. tried rhino aswell but that was hard!

For cam Im really liking estlcam. Played some with cambam but it's not working out like I plan ;)

Uccnc will be another thing! CAD and cam I can do indoor with the wife and semi communicate with her while learning. Uccnc is in the shed with the machine so any time spent "learning" will be time away from wife and kids. That's gonna be something to make up for :D

You need to be more annoying then your wife will send you to the shed to calm down ;)
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Where did you find that because I'm sure that's one I've drawn up in the past for someone or modified version of it.! . . . . .Not bothered that you have it just curious where or how it got there.!
    Just wanted to ask, since it might be your schematic.
    Why does the enable signal go through two relays? The coil of the enable relay is driven through master relay.. Why not take the enable signal straight to the master relay? ( I've done this temporarily now)

Just wanted to ask, since it might be your schematic.
    Why does the enable signal go through two relays? The coil of the enable relay is driven through master relay.. Why not take the enable signal straight to the master relay? ( I've done this temporarily now)

In all honesty I don't know. It's not something I would normaly do so maybe the OP added it. You certainly will be fine running it thru master relay.

The reason I think it's mine is because there are parts of it like the master relay which I drew and recognise. if you notice there are 6 contacts but it states 4PDT. However there are bits I don't recognise and wouldn't use, like that enable relay, so maybe I've helped someone with basic setup which I often do then they have added to it.?

In all honesty I don't know. It's not something I would normaly do so maybe the OP added it. You certainly will be fine running it thru master relay.

The reason I think it's mine is because there are parts of it like the master relay which I drew and recognise. if you notice there are 6 contacts but it states 4PDT. However there are bits I don't recognise and wouldn't use, like that enable relay, so maybe I've helped someone with basic setup which I often do then they have added to it.?
    Uhu!

Just got to thinking about enable.
    Doesn't do very much to have it through master relay as the e stop already is in that loop.
    Estop would cut power to drives so no point in cutting enable as well?

Will remove it :)

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman;
    100886Just got to thinking about enable.
    Doesn't do very much to have it through master relay as the e stop already is in that loop.
    Estop would cut power to drives so no point in cutting enable as well?

Will remove it :)
    To be honest I never use the enable on steppers unless I want to keep holding torque on motors. For instance in Limit situation
    Limits are not an emergency situation so no reason to kill power to the drives but sometimes, like with a heavy Z axis, you will want to keep holding torque.
    In this case I'd use the Enable in series with Limits.

Otherwise, I just don't use it because of not much point with steppers.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 17-03-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread Information