. .

Thread: New start

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    How are the noulei rails?

I have some noulei ground ballscrews for a 3d printer project that I want to do after my CNC build. They look quite nicely made to be honest... the guy I bought all my HIWIN and TBI rails/screws from also had noulei stuff, it would have been quite a lot cheaper.

Some of the chinese stuff can actually be quite good. Admittedly some can be utter crap, but I've had far more positive experiences than negative in recent years.
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 02-08-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    How are the noulei rails?

I have some noulei ground ballscrews for a 3d printer project that I want to do after my CNC build. They look quite nicely made to be honest... the guy I bought all my HIWIN and TBI rails/screws from also had noulei stuff, it would have been quite a lot cheaper.

Some of the chinese stuff can actually be quite good. Admittedly some can be utter crap, but I've had far more positive experiences than negative in recent years.
    Well I havent got much to compare to as this is my first machine build :)
    But movement is smooth and no apparent play anywhere.
    But on the drawings I recived and had my plates milled after said m6 for the 20mm rails. But m6 bolthead don't fit the rails X)
    No biggie because I messed up the CAD for the Z dropplate anyhow so it has to be re done anyway.. Will go aluminium next time. 15mm steel feels OTT heavy ;)
    The ballscrews look nice and feels good but I don't know if I like the vipers on the ballnuts. Time will tell if they hold up !

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    But m6 bolthead don't fit the rails X)
    If you put the bolt in a battery drill and spin it against a grinding wheel for a few seconds they will fit fine
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    If you put the bolt in a battery drill and spin it against a grinding wheel for a few seconds they will fit fine
    Yeah, got that advice from jazz also :)
    Where is he by the way?
    Would have done so if I only had put the holes in the right places on the plate hehe.
    The thing I ment is that you should always measure the parts and not trust Chinese drawings!

Skickat från min SM-N910C via Tapatalk

5. Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Been fooling around with my Z axis and did a quick fitment test. Looks like I should be able to lube the bearings without much fuss? And I need to buy larger washers before I can remake the Z dropplate in aluminium with the correctly placed holes for the rails :)
    Should be a little lighter with 20mm aluminium then the current 15mm steel hehe

it seems to be sure.maybe it is produced at a very high real cost.

Quote Originally Posted by cncmachineokk View Post
    it seems to be sure.maybe it is produced at a very high real cost.
    Hello my friend! What is produced at a high cost? :)

Skickat från min SM-N910C via Tapatalk

Huge milestone for me!
    Have been filing down the epoxy miniscus, feels awsome :D
    The sides of epoxy are still fluffy but I'm getting there..

First screw in the master X rail is in ;)

Now it's only about 20 left then I can measure out the final gantry width and order some extrusion YEEEAH!! :D

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nr1madman For This Useful Post:

Had to try my X axis plates out on the rail. Feels awsome!
    Now it's just waiting for a cool gantry ;)

It looks good !!! It is coming along nicely!
    Last edited by Nickhofen; 14-12-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Small update!
    The y axis plates seems to fit well :)
    Also the Z motor looks good in its spot!
    Have to wait for the gantry extrusions before knowing for certain if everything is super :D

As you can see I started to paint a few parts red. Looked like utter crap so I have started to sand it off again. Have been masking all bearing and mating surfaces off but how should I preserve these from wear? Just oil heavily before final assemble?

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information