. .

Thread: New start

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    The video shows a nice move, you are close now !Put motors ,electronics ,spindle and ready to cut before Christmas,right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickhofen View Post
    The video shows a nice move, you are close now !Put motors ,electronics ,spindle and ready to cut before Christmas,right?
    I certainly hope so ;)
    Im about to have another child soon so if it sleeps alot I might get lots of time in the shed with the machine :D

Feels like I'm all over the place with the build right now. Been working on bits and pieces of different axis at the same time as planning the electrical enclosure.
    If I only focus I probably will get results faster.
    Still have to buy toroid, spindle bracket, htd belts and 2 more motor drivers.
    Oh! And a suitable screen for the pc.. preferably with some kind of swivel mount :D

Skickat från min SM-N910C via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    I certainly hope so ;)
    Im about to have another child soon so if it sleeps alot I might get lots of time in the shed with the machine :D

Feels like I'm all over the place with the build right now. Been working on bits and pieces of different axis at the same time as planning the electrical enclosure.
    If I only focus I probably will get results faster.
    Still have to buy toroid, spindle bracket, htd belts and 2 more motor drivers.
    Oh! And a suitable screen for the pc.. preferably with some kind of swivel mount :D

Skickat från min SM-N910C via Tapatalk
    if it sleeps a lot.... So 2019 then lol ;)
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Hahahaa you are probably right ;)
    I'm betting on that my girlfriend will sleep for 6months after this pregnancy. So the baby's mood will be my problem. Is it legal with valium for newborns in UK? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Hahahaa you are probably right ;)
    I'm betting on that my girlfriend will sleep for 6months after this pregnancy. So the baby's mood will be my problem. Is it legal with valium for newborns in UK? :D
    You need some
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laudanum#History

We used to feed it to our kids to help them sleep lol, nothing like some opium to keep the young 'uns quiet.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 13-09-2017 at 09:16 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post

We used to feed it to our kids to help them sleep lol, nothing like some opium to keep the young 'uns quiet.
    With one of my kids, you could take the lid off the Calpol bottle, hold it under her nose, and she would be out like a light for the night. With my son, you had to hit him with the bottle...

This is what I love with this forum. Sound advice!! ;)

It's time to ask for help.. this might drive me insane.

Been working on my Z axis.
    The ballnut bracket didn't really fit under the dropplate. I could squeeze it in but it jammed in the ends so I took a file and sandpaper and reduced it about 0.5mm in hight. Now it slides perfect under the dropplate. When I then tighten the bolts that hold it to the dropplate the ballscrew turning becomes stiff and "juddery" in one direction. Smooth but with a little resistance in the other direction. Something must be crooked?
    The ballnut is really smooth without load and I can pull it either direction to make the screw turn.. what should I check and do??

how did you file down the bracket?

I'd be worried that you introduced an angle on that, and when you then try to clamp it to the plate it is pulling the screw out of parallel.

Congrats on the imminent kid - I've just spent most of this week in hospital with my 5 week old (he's fine now, gave us a bit of a scare and enjoyed a good long stay at hotel NHS). Difficult to work on the machine from a hospital room!
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 16-09-2017 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    how did you file down the bracket?

I'd be worried that you introduced an angle on that, and when you then try to clamp it to the plate it is pulling the screw out of parallel.

Congrats on the imminent kid - I've just spent most of this week in hospital with my 5 week old (he's fine now, gave us a bit of a scare and enjoyed a good long stay at hotel NHS). Difficult to work on the machine from a hospital room!
    Thanks for the congrats ;)
    Good to hear that you're kid is better! Its never fun to be at a hospital with small children..

I have calmed down and thought about this problem and I'm sure that you are right. Thought I was carefull with the file but you never know ;)
    The bad thing about this is that it was my last stock of 20mm aluminium. Gonna screw everything apart and measure some and see if it's fixable otherwise I have to order some new metal. Maybe steel instead as the aluminium is actually feeling flimsy compared to all the steel on my machine ;)

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information