. .

Thread: New start

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    The solution is simple.??? . . . Dump USB and Go with Ethernet UC300
    Do you really think that might solve it if the real problem is interference?

I just might change but that means a new uccnc licence aswell :(

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Ethernet is looking sweeter and sweeter!

Have been running simple programs today, no 3d.
    Only shelfs and brackets that I've cad:ed myself.

After a couple of hours E stop started triggering again. When resetting and continuing cycle a couple of times uc300 looses connection with pc.

Frustrating!
    Found a thread on cncdrive forum with a person with the same problem.
    He changed his switches and got rid of the problem. Will disconnect mine tomorrow.
    If that don't work I will try with other powersuplies.
    If that don't work I will try with a new BOB :)

It's still a stretch as it feels like a software or maybe uc300 error!

Last edited by Nr1madman; 18-05-2018 at 08:13 PM.

Oh my..

Getting more and more frustrated!

Tried changing usb cable
    Tried changing ribbon cable
    Tried disconnecting all inputs and running without vfd.
    Tried removing 24v psu and running 5v wires atleast 20cm from mains wires

Still get ext e stop @#$!!+&

Want to try new computer, wonder if the wife notices if I steal her laptop :)

Hi Nr1madman,

Where in Sweden are you located? I have a UC300USB resting on the top of my PC, gathering dust. I only use it occasionally to test things, or to run Mach3 without the CNC, and of course, it is also a spare unit, since the base (motherboard) is the same as for the UC300ETH, so I want to keep it, but you can borrow that and see if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Hi Nr1madman,

Where in Sweden are you located? I have a UC300USB resting on the top of my PC, gathering dust. I only use it occasionally to test things, or to run Mach3 without the CNC, and of course, it is also a spare unit, since the base (motherboard) is the same as for the UC300ETH, so I want to keep it, but you can borrow that and see if it helps.
    Sounds awesome :D

I'm located in Trosa just south of Stockholm.
    You?

Before I'm going on a borrowing roadtrip I'm going to try with a new computer and if that don't work I will try running mach3 (a friend has a license) .
    I'm not hoping that mach3 will solve this as I rather like uccnc :)
    If all fails I will gladly take you up on your offer!

Alright.. extensive testing!

Bought a new usb cable. Needed atleast 1.3m long to connect it safely to my laptop. Only one I found was 2m long. Felt like a real gamble but I bought it anyway. Could not get a stable connection between the laptop and uc300 with this cable. Connection couldn't even be established long enough to configure uccnc..
    Tried this cable between my usual computer and uc300 instead of the 30cm shielded usb cable I normally use and voila.. seems to be working?!?!
    Tried for 4h and no problem so far.
    I really hope this keeps up :)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nr1madman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Sounds awesome :D

I'm located in Trosa just south of Stockholm.
    You?

Before I'm going on a borrowing roadtrip I'm going to try with a new computer and if that don't work I will try running mach3 (a friend has a license) .
    I'm not hoping that mach3 will solve this as I rather like uccnc :)
    If all fails I will gladly take you up on your offer!

I am located just outside Lund, so it is a long road trip... cheaper if Postnord does the trip. :) Anyway, only the motherboard can be used for test since the UCCNC license is based on the main CPU board. This means that the USB connector and the handling of communication and processing can't be swapped out.
    Last edited by A_Camera; 01-06-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Alright.. extensive testing!

Bought a new usb cable. Needed atleast 1.3m long to connect it safely to my laptop. Only one I found was 2m long. Felt like a real gamble but I bought it anyway. Could not get a stable connection between the laptop and uc300 with this cable. Connection couldn't even be established long enough to configure uccnc..
    This is very weird. Even if some laptops can be tricky, I have never heard anyone having real serious problems. What sort of laptop is that?

Tried this cable between my usual computer and uc300 instead of the 30cm shielded usb cable I normally use and voila.. seems to be working?!?!
    Tried for 4h and no problem so far.
    I really hope this keeps up :)
    Nice to hear that things start looking good, but I still think it is strange that you can't get it working with the laptop. Something is definitely not right, and to be honest, I don't think it it is the UCCNC software or that Mach3 would be the solution. Even if it would work with Mach3, I think that conclusion would be far fetched, so if you can't get it working with UCCNC then something is definitely wrong with your installation of software or hardware and not UCCNC itself.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    This is very weird. Even if some laptops can be tricky, I have never heard anyone having real serious problems. What sort of laptop is that?

Nice to hear that things start looking good, but I still think it is strange that you can't get it working with the laptop. Something is definitely not right, and to be honest, I don't think it it is the UCCNC software or that Mach3 would be the solution. Even if it would work with Mach3, I think that conclusion would be far fetched, so if you can't get it working with UCCNC then something is definitely wrong with your installation of software or hardware and not UCCNC itself.
    I know! Its a Lenovo budget laptop about 1 year old.. not a mighty machine but it should still get a connection :) my guess is that it has to weak usb signallevel to handle 2m cable...?

I agree that it should not be uccnc thats misbehaving. More likely something in my dedicated pc thats acting up.. or simply some bad/loose connection somewhere. As I have tried without vfd running, without inputs and rerouted wiring to separate all low voltage cabling from drives and mains I don't really believe that it's "interference" oh well.
    Testing will continue! Have lots of stuff to create :D

Further testing done.

Have not had any more problems since changing usb cable and usb socket in the computer.

I really hope that I have solved this now :D
    Have a nightmarish 3d carving to try so I'm hoping it will work without hiccups :D

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nr1madman For This Useful Post:

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread Information