. .

Thread: New start

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nr1madman View Post
    Once there is possibility for play there is no work getting done :)
    Have had some issues with cuts. Thought the spindle needed serious tramming but in the end I think I located the error. My 36mm plywood spoilboard is flexing!!
    Have only fastened it to the machine frame at 8 points. 4 screws at each side.
    Seems like I have to counterbore some screws in the middle aswell :)
    Did not think the routerbits would have that much "pull strenght" that it had!

Back to the drawingboard......

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
    I made my bed captive (It sits inside my frame) for this very reason but then the pressure is on you to cut the mdf perfectly otherwise it will still wobble, I think I got it right as I ended up having to tap all 4 corners with a wooden mallet to get it to sit flat. I'm also not using the bed for clamping.

I have 18mm mdf then 6mm on top which is my spoil board. I made aluminium clamps from 2020 Tslot and they flex like hell totally useless like yourself I underestimated the forces involved and have had to remake all my clamps in steel and £35 wasted at KJN. Under the MDF I have 4545 Tslot supports, every 12cm I think it works out to.

Wait till you start cutting at 8m/min and you'll see the forces involved lol, my floor concrete workshop floor rumbles when it's running, even lorries don't make the floor do that lol.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 18-04-2018 at 03:37 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    I made my bed captive (It sits inside my frame) for this very reason but then the pressure is on you to cut the mdf perfectly otherwise it will still wobble, I think I got it right as I ended up having to tap all 4 corners with a wooden mallet to get it to sit flat. I'm also not using the bed for clamping.

I have 18mm mdf then 6mm on top which is my spoil board. I made aluminium clamps from 2020 Tslot and they flex like hell totally useless like yourself I underestimated the forces involved and have had to remake all my clamps in steel and £35 wasted at KJN. Under the MDF I have 4545 Tslot supports, every 12cm I think it works out to.

Wait till you start cutting at 8m/min and you'll see the forces involved lol, my floor concrete workshop floor rumbles when it's running, even lorries don't make the floor do that lol.
    I have not tried speeds like that yet.. 5000mm/min is max right now.. you might think I would be curious about testing max speed but it just scares me :D

Have to find some nice t tracks, right now Im screwing everything to the spoilboard. Doesn't feel right!

If you put T slots on your CNC bed you can make the hold down clamps your own ,there are some good video on youtube.I will try to find the one that help make mine and post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickhofen View Post
    If you put T slots on your CNC bed you can make the hold down clamps your own ,there are some good video on youtube.I will try to find the one that help make mine and post it here.
    Thanks! Have already made CAD and cam of "toe clamps"
    What type do you prefer?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiPfaA2oZY
    I have use those,cheap and easy,I made them from a thick plastic kitchen cutting board,lol.

Thanks! Have already made CAD and cam of "toe clamps"
    What type do you prefer?

Camel toe.......

Sorry couldn't resist ;)
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Desertboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Nick!

They are similar to the ones I want to cut..
    Just have to find some t tracks first :D

Amazon has some but not with shipping to Sweden for the long stuff :)

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Camel toe.......

Sorry couldn't resist ;)
    I don't know how much clamping force there is in a cameltoe.. might be overwhelming?

I don't know how much clamping force there is in a cameltoe.. might be overwhelming?

An Essex girl has the highest clamping force known to man ;)

Hmm not really machine related.. but how should I finish the oak lid on this piece?
    Had to make a copy of vectric free paradise box :)

Should I oil the lid? With what oil?
    Or stain?
    Or varnish? :)

Really should get back to finishing the machine :)

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread Information