. .
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Im in the market for a good quality 3d printer. £500 if possible

I don't need a large work area but does need to be accurate.

Whats the best around?

Thanks in advance

I see what you said about size but check this one out especially youtube review videos http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HICTOP-CR-...QAAOSwA29Y55JL
    I have one and it's working just great. ( I didn't have the time or inclination to build one, for a change I just wanted to plug it in and use)

It does not have auto bed levelling but I don't find that an issue.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 22-07-2017 at 09:54 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

what's your budget?

Thanks Eddy
    Might be a bit tall but will have a look.

Is it possible to convert a router type machine with the z moving up and down to a 3d printer or does it affect the print head?

Routers don't make good printers, they really have opposite requirements in most respects.

Printers ideally need to be fast and light in the moving parts. It is of course possible to put a print head in a router but it won't make an ideal printer.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeeflyboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks. i have an engraver that is solid and about the right size so thought I could start with that. guess it would be a pain swapping over the heat table and print head etc.

Maybe have to dig out the belt driven stages I have kicking around and see what will work. ;0)

I can see you are going where I didn't want to go
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

I know, probably end up buying one one and upgrading it like triggers broom.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    I see what you said about size but check this one out especially youtube review videos http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HICTOP-CR-...QAAOSwA29Y55JL
    I have one and it's working just great. ( I didn't have the time or inclination to build one, for a change I just wanted to plug it in and use)

It does not have auto bed levelling but I don't find that an issue.
    That's a damn clever printer to print the example they put on the print bed, with one extruder as well !

I have a Wanhao 4DS which is twin extruders, but a small print volume. If I bought one now, I wouldn't bother with two extruders, I hardly ever do two colour prints and when I do it is a PITA to get it right.

For the money i would buy the Steel Prusa. Its cheaper than the Original Prusa and build with quality elements/ the electronics/ . It has unsupported rails, whats typical for cheaper printers, but is not like some funny rollers, rolling on aluminum profile. I dont know of something really better, from an educated point of view. Yeah, many will say this and that, but from CNC point of view, i see that as the best cheap printer around
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information