Hi guys,

Well, it's still there.... After changing from Gecko dive to AM882 drivers, I am still getting random X and Z this time, faults, as in the tool has missed 5 to 6 cm of travel in an instant.

Ran for 55 minutes doing a constant Z level face, with long straight lines, no errors.

Changed to a parallel operation, with constant Z changing, constant Y position every 3 seconds then move 1mm, and constant X reversing left to right while Z up and down.

The error that occurred within 5 minutes of the new operation starting, ended up shifting my X position by 70mm, AND shifting my Z up by 3mm - no fault detected by AM882 because speed too low for stall detection.... or because fault was not a stall.

Thought that the X/Z error was caused by a jam and motor loosing torque after overheating ( which still may have something to do with it ) So I started Parallel again while motor was boiling hot and pushed with about 40kgs force and was utterly unable to cause any kind of jam, let alone 70mm of jam.

Re-homed position, reduced speed by 50% and ran operation for 25 minutes , and through the previous anomily without error ( not a G-Code error ).

So now I'm thinking I have only ever had this error when running parallel operations with changing Z values..... Could there be something happening momentarily with the motion controller getting overloaded from all the commands and it be responsible?

Assuming this is not a lack of stepper power, or a machine jam related error then what else could cause it to jam at higher speed, but seemingly not at 50% speed?

Nick