. .
    Hi, I'm Mike and just joined the forum. Had an Emco Mk2 cnc lathe for a few years which I use for making wooden barrel pens. Last year I bought an ex school Denford v3 router and last year had the boards upgraded to run milling version 5. I did a module on cnc routing as part of my HND in Furniture design and construction 20 years ago in the days when you had to plot each movement out.
    Iam am a bit busy just now making a variety of items for sale via craft markets and using my laser to engrave them. Part of my business is making a variety of items for the whisky industry and I plan to use the cnc router to take away a lot of the monotony as well as producing more accurate work. Currently looking to buy a t slot table for it but I will put up a new post asking for recommendations.

Mike

2. Quote Originally Posted by mike dempsey View Post
    Hi, I'm Mike and just joined the forum. Had an Emco Mk2 cnc lathe for a few years which I use for making wooden barrel pens. Last year I bought an ex school Denford v3 router and last year had the boards upgraded to run milling version 5. I did a module on cnc routing as part of my HND in Furniture design and construction 20 years ago in the days when you had to plot each movement out.
    Iam am a bit busy just now making a variety of items for sale via craft markets and using my laser to engrave them. Part of my business is making a variety of items for the whisky industry and I plan to use the cnc router to take away a lot of the monotony as well as producing more accurate work. Currently looking to buy a t slot table for it but I will put up a new post asking for recommendations.

Mike
    Hi Mike .welcome here .nice to meet you!

So I'm not the only person north of the border

Hi Thinfourth
    I am in Glenrothes and iirc you are about the Aberdeen way. I am occasionally up your way, fetching or taking back my daughter to Uni at RGU and my mother in law's family are dotted about Portlethen/Stonehaven. If you are down my way feel free to call in for a blether.

Mike

Thread Information