. .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Well, 260euro for 6x 1300mm + 6 MGN12H, just payed it so is done.

That will not stop me buying the Delrin balls though. Just for the experiment. By the way as the guy originally designed the bearings not in parametric, i took my time yesterday to redesign them from scratch. I did not like the not squarish design. I have also some other idea about the preload and how will look at all. This is the result for the moment. More purification when i have the balls and have tested the length so the balls fit tightly and exactly

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bearing block delrin 3 .PNG 
Views:	236 
Size:	160.5 KB 
ID:	22690
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

that's a very good price what supplier did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk View Post
    that's a very good price what supplier did you use?
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/6PCS...830411520.html

I started drawing my thoughts up is there any difference running the linear rails on the side rather than top of the extrusion?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	22716  

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I started drawing my thoughts up is there any difference running the linear rails on the side rather than top of the extrusion?
    I don't see any problem with that
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I think there is not absolutely any need the foam block to be supported by the structure . It could easily be simply on the floor or lifted by rests of foam. or a bed formed from foam leveled by the wire.

Same could be said for my design, but the cross bracing supports the smaller alu profile i am using against twist.

The problem comes when you have to move the blocks of polystyrene around, the blocks are not all that light and I'm dealing with 16' x 4' x 2' blocks so having a smooth and flat table to easily side them on to make it posable just about by myself were your method I probably could not. I allso will be putting mine in a 20' shed that has a wood floor so I need to build some extra strength into the design so it is self supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    just wondered if you had received this yet? any feed back on quality if so?

Still waiting and yesterday night started pushing them as the number they provided is not correct. Will update as soon as i know.

There is a very nice detail that 2040 and MGN12 have holes that coincide with the channel so i designed a nut for the TR10x2 screws. and a bearing plate from 2040. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2527055

at the moment I'm still going to go for the 80x40 10mm slot kjn aluminium, partly as all the other extrusion I have is 10mm slot so have the jigs and extras to go with it all.

with the 10mm slot I'm leaning towards the 15 or 20mm rails, 12mm doesn't give much to sit on the aluminium.

I have drawn my gantry at 40x80 also but may go for 40x40 on that.

the vertical axis I was thinking would be belt driven however I want to link the two sides together which may be easier if they were screws

I think maybe a lego mock up is neededClick image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	22784Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	22785

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information