. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i doubt you could get closed loop boards for less money. Sergey, why dont you explain more about you cheapest offer as that could be most interesting for people here.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

2. Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I'm always wary of sites with few contact details, especially ones which very few people have heard of before. The only mention of location was the reference to being used in Russia on the bevel cutting website.

I'll be honest and say for the cost of your boards, I can get Dynomotion boards with similar capabilities, and more flexibility for less money. You could even get CS-Labs controllers for less money.
    On our website we have contact email, phone number, whatsapp, skype, offline web form and online chat. For those who are interested in our controllers that should be enough to contact us and find out all they need.

Modern CNC are very complicated systems and quite dificult to compare. myCNC has 2 separate built-in PLC controllers and supports rich macro language extension for g-codes.
    I suppose, from this point of view myCNC provides about the same flexibility as kflop.

myCNC has some another features that demonstate flexibility
    - multi-platform (running on Windows, Linux, Embedded SBC Linux like Raspberry, Odroid, Tinkerboard, Cubieboard)
    - flexibly programming GUI
    - multi-head support (several heads with spindles, knife, wheel, camera, plasma, gas, drill and automatic switch between them)
    - built-in advanced THC, cutcharts
    - shape library and dxf/hpgl import (with multi-head support)

About pricing.

I looked at CS-labs and kflop prices.
    Cheapest 6 axes CS board is 559 euro, add there Mach3 licence. For about a half price you can get 6 axes ET6 board WITH COMPUTER and software included.

kflop + galvanic isolated inputs board going to be more expensive then ET6 as well (again computer is included in ET6 kit).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	et6-a-009.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	22508
    Last edited by my-cnc; 10-08-2017 at 03:21 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to my-cnc For This Useful Post:

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    i doubt you could get closed loop boards for less money. Sergey, why dont you explain more about you cheapest offer as that could be most interesting for people here.
    You mean like a KFlop for $249, that I have in my digitising machine running closed loop step/dir with linear encoders?
    Or add another $249 for a Kanalog if you want analogue outputs.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

5. myCNC-ET6 board contains
    - 6 axes pulse-dir (3MHz)
    - 8 galvanic isolated inputs (2 groups of 4 inputs with separate supply to use PNP and NPN sensors)
    - 2 relay outputs
    - 2 open collector outputs
    - 3 PWM open collector outputs
    - RS485 modbus
    - 10V DAC output

It seems kflop does NOT have any galvanic isolation, relays, transistor outputs for IO.
    I mean If you need to build similar MINIMAL system with kflop you need to add their IO board ($199).
    A set will be more expensive, than ET6 kit (ET6 + Computer).

I don't tell all our boards are cheaper. But looks like we offer more affordable entry-level solution.

Keep in mind we offer Ethernet controllers, not USB. It can be important for industrial applications.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by my-cnc View Post
    On our website we have contact email, phone number, whatsapp, skype, offline web form and online chat. For those who are interested in our controllers that should be enough to contact us and find out all they need.
    It maybe has all the needed contact info, however as somebody who's got a pretty good idea of what cnc controllers are available, has previously designed websites, and understands the basics of marketing, the following things stand out-
    No idea of location (makes me think what have you got to hide?)
    No idea about the history of the company or products (could of been cobbled together by some teenager in their bedroom)
    Unknown product (I've never seen any of the boards mentioned anywhere)
    Poor website layout/design (looks like something thrown together and designed in the 90s)
    No product feature comparison.
    Now going on the above, my first impressions are pretty poor. As a first time visitor, my assumptions are a mystery company based at a mystery location, with no information about the history or development of the boards.

Please take the above as constructive criticism. I know new products have to start somewhere, but my initial impression has not been good.

myCNC has some another features that demonstate flexibility
    - multi-platform (running on Windows, Linux, Embedded SBC Linux like Raspberry, Odroid, Tinkerboard, Cubieboard)
    - flexibly programming GUI
    - multi-head support (several heads with spindles, knife, wheel, camera, plasma, gas, drill and automatic switch between them)
    - built-in advanced THC, cutcharts
    - shape library and dxf/hpgl import (with multi-head support)
    - There is a Linux port for KFlop, and even Tom Kerekes (the main man behind Dynomotion) has a youtube on the official dynomotion channel showing it running on a Raspberry Pi. The only reason it's not officially recognised, is due to the development time needed. On the software side, KMotion has been developed to be implemented in custom software using a standard library, so users can develop their own software interface for custom systems. (KFlop is not designed solely for CNC implementations, it's designed for pretty much any kind of automation where you need coordinated motion)
    - There is a KMotionCNC screen editor now available.
    - That all depends on how you program the KFlop.
    - as above
    - There is no built in wizard/conversational programming (you could actually build one in the screen editor/klfop if you wanted to though)
    About pricing.

I looked at CS-labs and kflop prices.
    Cheapest 6 axes CS board is 559 euro, add there Mach3 licence. For about a half price you can get 6 axes ET6 board WITH COMPUTER and software included.

kflop + galvanic isolated inputs board going to be more expensive then ET6 as well (again computer is included in ET6 kit).
    So an ET6 without onboard computer costs $329. To get that to UK is going to cost around £320 by the time you add import duty and tax, then you still have carriage and most likely a handling fee on top.
    If you don't need 6 axis, the basic CS-Lab IP-M with 4 axis support is only €229 (about £210), but that doesn't allow for any future expansion (which going by your products, neither do they, unless you add something via Modbus. And if you're running Mach, you also get that option).

Taking the KFlop option, a stand alone KFlop has upto 40 configurable inputs/outputs. I know they're all LVTTL, but cheap adapters/interfaces are available. If you add a Konnect board for $199, you get 32 inputs and 16 outputs, so it's not really comparing similar products,given your ET6 only has 8 inputs and 4 outputs (excluding the PWM outs). A more comparable option would be KFlop + Kanalog + Konnect ($697) and your ET10 ($849).

Off course, none of that takes in the onboard computer option.
    I do see this as a growth area, but the big problem is things becoming obsolete, which doesn't only apply to your products. But using your complete kit as an example (it looks like a good kit BTW), what happens in a few years time if the screen dies? Will you be able to get a drop in replacement for reasonable money? Or will you need to retrofit an alternative screen which might not fit the existing housing?
    I know a system where a replacement monochrome screen cost £1500, because the original was obsolete, and modifying the housing would of cost far more money.

7. Sorry, but you forget Mach3 licence, while counting CS-labs price.
    Shipping to UK is $15, i don't know about taxes.
    Even if compare with 4 axes CS Labs - ET6 is cheaper.

We had ET3 control board with TTL Inputs/Outputs. I've got a lot of inquiries about breakout board with galvanic isolation for ET3. I know lots of customers do need galvanic isolation included and will not search cheap adapters/interfaces.

There are plenty of simple budget machines that don't need in 20-40-60 configurable inputs/outputs. We have ET6 kits for this machines.

We offer single board computers, touch screens, wireless pendant as options. If you afraid that ALL of Raspberry-Pi, Odroid, Nanopi, Tinkerboard, Banana-Pi, Orange-Pi and some other single board computers will disappear in a few years - that not a problem. You can choose standard PC with Linux or Windows OS.
    Last edited by my-cnc; 11-08-2017 at 01:25 AM.

CS Labs is darn expensive in fact. 721.64 €. The cheaper 4 axis controller can not square the gantry. I know its stable and works but still not happy with them. Plus i need Mach3 and the problems it brings. We have had that conversation many times. Still a big NO for me.

Kflop is expensive and is not for the typical user. People want to make CNC machines not learn C+, please...

At the moment i would buy a chinese offline controller / ~150-500e/ any day instead of the before mentioned.

Thats why i see this myCNC-ET6 board as interesting.

Another thing is that for that money i will expect an EMI shielded aluminum cover, plug in connectors and onboard PSU /some of which surprisingly it has in the form of the DC converters/.

The differential signal is another thing i like here. The small computer is very important for me as it makes it real offline system, which for me is 100x better than separate PC and software.

make that board for 100$ more to output analogue signal and we will see how CS labs will sell their 700 euro board..

People most of all are interested in money saving.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    People want to make CNC machines not learn C+, please...
    Have you never written a macro for mach, or didn't you want to learn Cypress Basic?

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Have you never written a macro for mach, or didn't you want to learn Cypress Basic?
    I have rewritten macros and combined some, but not written from scratch . I learned Basic at the time and some C+. What i am saying is i want a working thing, not to spend my time figuring. I needed CNC to make things, not spend my time learning controllers

12. Nice video from our customer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information