. .
    Lives in Derbyshire  UK, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 295. Received thanks 28 times, giving thanks to others 13 times.
    EASIMILL - Software for Easimill machines fitted with a PNC3 controller
    EASITURN - Software for Easiturn machines fitted with a PNC3 controller
    ORAC - Software for Orac'85 machines (will not work with older oracs macnufactured before 1985)
    QUATRO - Software for Easimill machines fitted with a PNC4 controller
    STARMILL - Software for Starmill non-ATC machines fitted with an SMCU controller
    STARM-TC - Software for Starmill ATC machines fitted with an SMCU controller
    TRIAC - Software for Triac machines fitted with a PNC3 controller
    STARTURN - Software for Starturn machines fitted with a GSM controller

I found the above packages in an old software backup cd dated 2006 and have not been tested by me.
    All of the above comes with no guarantees, but I hope it is of some use to some of you guys trying to get your old hardware up and running again.
    If any are of interest to anyone PM me your details I'll send you a copy.
    I have also got some but not all manuals and sale's fly outs but I would need to get photo copied first

Phill.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I'm pretty sure most of those can be downloaded from the denford website, as they all predate their current software.- http://website.denford.ltd.uk/dos-vi...e-information/
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

First thing, apologies if this has been covered… I’m looking, but haven’t found the answer yet!

I have the chance of a 1993 Triac, with ATC, from a local college.
    It is badged as Triac VMC, but seems to me to be a Triac PC, as it does not have a fanuc controller, instead being coupled to a pc. Maybe a crossover in spec/year compared to naming strategy?

The PC is not included in the sale and I’m not sure if/what software and licensing is included, if anything.
    So I’m trying to work out what I need for control and cam software, as well as licences too.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for downloads and costs for these?
    Im struggling so far!! :)

I’ve found the downloads page on the Denford site, but can’t find much about cam for these, I guess that’s where licence costs will come in too?

Thanks

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    There were a few variations in how machines were named, so I wouldn't worry about what the badge says.

IIRC a 93 machine will still be the old serial controller, unless it's been upgraded to the later USB controller.
    If it still works, it'll work with Denford's VRMilling software, but performance will be limited over serial. If it has been upgraded to USB, I personally wouldn't be in any rush to upgrade anything, unless it's faulty.

VRMilling uses pretty generic FANUC g-code. There is a guide on the Denford forums to check setup, but I only ever used a Mach post-processor in whatever CAM I was using, and it seemed to work fine.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the quick reply.
    I’m just trying to navigate thru the Denford forum and website, so apologies…

Is there a cost for VRMilling and/or licensing cost?
    What cam system would you recommend?
    Thanks

Having now viewed the machine, it’s actually a 1995 VMC with USB ����

It ran VR5 as far as the college lecturer could recall, but there is no PC with the machine so I’ll be starting from scratch sorting out control and cam software.
    Still trying to identify what costs are associated with the software and licensing… for a 1995, anyone know?

Denford ask silly money for their software. I wanted the original software for my Denford 2600 router. They wanted £400 for a single machine copy. When I looked into the gcode post processed it was next to useless for the cad and cam software I use. So I just converted to Mach3.

Thread Information