Hi all

Im starting a new thread on a new toy i have bought, Im almost a novice in CNC, years ago I did build 3/4 of a plasma table but Ill health and circumstances meant it never quite got finished

any way, the story so far,:

in return for fitting a 4 post car ramp I was given a brand new 3Hp single to 3 phase inverter, I found my self at a loose end with half a day spare in Chester, so I wandered down to Chester engineering just to see if they had cheap mill, lathe something to use inverter on, wandering around there was a small cnc desktop mill with "OFFERS" on it so being cheeky and having £100 "play money" with me I offered them that CASH after a bit of bartering and shaking of heads I paid my £100 over and had mill put into my Smart car, Just.

so here is what I have please see pictures below, I have been out this morning to look under all covers and see whats there, they are 8 wire Isel steppers,

It powers up all axies hold strong under power, I can not push them so i assume all steppers are fine, light comes on, and cabinet unlocks, seems to have had little use on any thing other than MDF

what im thinking is as machine is old, slow evedently, and software is a hell of a price, even though i have been offered a KAY software for £50 I think i would rather put that money to making it run on Mach 3 that I already own. I have no idea what to use yet Im open to your suggestions PLEASE when I remove existing circuit board I will have a area in back some 500mm wide 400mm high and 100mm deep, that i would like to get a Micro itx mother board PC, a power supply from a shuttle pc that i have but can only get to run on vista, A BOB of some description and its PSU and 4 stepper drivers X,Y,Z and A should i ever need, so apart from key board, mouse and monitor it comes as a self contained unit,

All your views, comments and ideas will be most welcome,

Thanks Steve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0578_zpsda3ygtxp.jpg 
Views:	744 
Size:	285.8 KB 
ID:	22467

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0575_zpshti9r2kk.jpg 
Views:	1000 
Size:	395.6 KB 
ID:	22468