. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hi Steve I recently picked up a Unimatic Educam 20 from a college with licensed dongle and using Galaad 3 but cant get the laptop to allocate a comport. Have you heard of this problem? T.I.A Regards Brian

Hi, Everybody. I am a new member and have been hacking away at an Isel 2018. I have replaced the electronics with new chinese bits and pieces, but am trying to reuse the unregulated power supply. I have added voltage regulators to the lower voltage outputs leading to the new electronics, but am intending to keep and use the power to the motors. My question regarding that power is: Gabs'e s 2015 diagram indicates that the motor power is around 21.5v. My unit seems to be outputting 34.7v. My unit is set for north america, and my local voltage is 124, which is high due to how close I am to the transformer on the pole. I am curious if anybody else has checked the voltage being fed to the motors. 21.5 seems low, but I don't like that magic purple smoke thing. Thank you in advance.

Hi, I best start with an apology as unfortunately I’m unable to help with your predicament as it’s far too technical for me, lol.

I’ve recently bought the exact same machine (Isel 2018) to set up in my man cave at home. I also have a Boxford TCL125 which is running on Mach3, so I was hoping to plug the Isel into the computer but the connectors are totally different. I’ve scoured the web to find an adapter or any helpful information but I’ve had no luck at all.

I’m now considering selling the Isel and buying a milling machine which is already compatible with my computer and Mach3.

Could anybody advise on where I should look for a new cable/adapter? I’m assuming that the machine isn’t Mach3 compatible yet either, so instead of paying for it to be retrofitted it may be worth me buying a whole new machine.

Any info would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Repro.

The ISEL input system is more of a com port sequential signal. It is not a parallel port signal such as mach 3 produces. The drivers on the ISEL board are integrated with the signals from the on-board "decoder", and are not much use if you are trying to go to a parallel port system. Ie, it is proprietary and will not work on a parallel port system.

I can send photos of my retrofit, which is working (I still have to tune the motors and some other items, but that is for cold winter months). I used the torus power supply and added in some smaller step-down regulators, and also kept all the motors and limit switches intact.

The ISEL is built well, and the retrofit with mach 3 compatible boards etc is yes time consuming but no not expensive.

regards

Hitchcox

Quote Originally Posted by Reprobus View Post
    Hi, I best start with an apology as unfortunately I’m unable to help with your predicament as it’s far too technical for me, lol.

I’ve recently bought the exact same machine (Isel 2018) to set up in my man cave at home. I also have a Boxford TCL125 which is running on Mach3, so I was hoping to plug the Isel into the computer but the connectors are totally different. I’ve scoured the web to find an adapter or any helpful information but I’ve had no luck at all.

I’m now considering selling the Isel and buying a milling machine which is already compatible with my computer and Mach3.

Could anybody advise on where I should look for a new cable/adapter? I’m assuming that the machine isn’t Mach3 compatible yet either, so instead of paying for it to be retrofitted it may be worth me buying a whole new machine.

Any info would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Repro.

Thank you very much for your response Hitchcox

I appreciate your generosity, however I don’t think I’m up to the task of converting the machine myself. It’s probably best if I sell it and purchase a milling machine which is Mach3 ready

If anybody on this forum would be interested in my Isel 2018 I will let it go at a very fair price

Many thanks, Repro

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information