. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi guys,

I've been doing my research on anodising and while there are some guides on cobbled together systems using lead acid chargers and dimmer switches, it seems like the message is that the most important part for consistent results at home is using a good constant current power supply.

However, the amperage requirement for reasonable sized parts (around 2-3ft^2 in my case) makes it quite hard to find a reasonably priced supply and I don't seem to see many recommendations in all the various blogs/forum posts.

To that end, just wondering if anyone had come across a supply they could recommend? Using the LCD method described by caldwell, it seems they talk about 4.5amps per sq ft so really I'd be looking at a supply capable of around 20 amps

I did come across this, which might be suitable... while its not crazy expensive it's not pocket change either and I really have no idea if this is the sort of supply I need. https://www.reichelt.com/gb/en/?LANG...MaAkl2EALw_wcB

Alternatively I have a rather powerful PSU that I bought a while back to use for my RC charger, capable of 2000w and 12v or 24v output. I believe it is basically two pc power supplies combined, but of course I would need some way to turn that into a constant current system... and I'm largely an electrical dunce. would my rc charger (two 500w outputs, can do lead acid up to 24v in the options) be suitable or is the clever charge circuitry going to get in the way?

Any advice would be gratefully received!
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 07-08-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Thread Information