. .
    Thought I'd start a new thread on this to see if I reach a different group of readers.

In my ignorance and perennial optimism I bought three Omron servo drivers very cheaply from eBay only to later discover that they only accept an analogue control signal. In my defence I did Google the model number and even posted a link here, but I couldn't find any information indicating the drivers were analogue and no one else noticed either.

So I now have three drivers and a couple of cracking little servos that would run my machine very nicely if only I could tell them what to do. The easiest solution is to bung all three back on eBay and cut my losses, but they work really well and before I do that I'd like to at least explore the possibility of driving them from a step/dir to +/-10 converter.

Any suggestions - especially if they're available on this side of the pond would be welcome.

Thanks David

Have you looked into using a controller which is intended for analogue servos? E.g. googling Mesa 7133, Kanalog, CSMIO IP-A should get you started... there may be other options too, been a while since I looked...

Quote Originally Posted by bikepete View Post
    Have you looked into using a controller which is intended for analogue servos? E.g. googling Mesa 7133, Kanalog, CSMIO IP-A should get you started... there may be other options too, been a while since I looked...
    Thanks for the reply. Now I'm beginning to understand what a motion controller does, I'm feeling more inclined to invest in something like KFLOP/Kanalog combo. The Mesa product line is bewildering - I remember looking at their website when I was thinking about LCNC, but decided that it required a technical understanding I just don't have.

On the other hand their stuff is attractively priced. The 7I33 supports 4 axes and appears to be only 69 or 79 dollars. However, I don't understand what else I'd need to go with it - they mention something about "Anything I/O" cards. I'd need someone to hold my hand with putting together the required kit.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    On the other hand their stuff is attractively priced. The 7I33 supports 4 axes and appears to be only 69 or 79 dollars. However, I don't understand what else I'd need to go with it - they mention something about "Anything I/O" cards. I'd need someone to hold my hand with putting together the required kit.
    David I think you would be better to ask this question on the Lcnc forum, The guy on there PCW who is very active is one of the head guys at Mesa the boards can be bought in Europe. Just ask the question in simple terms stating what drives and servos you have and ask what is the correct combination of boards you need.

Ask in the Driver boards section

The quality of the mesa stuff is second to none.

http://eusurplus.com/index.php?route...tegory&path=63

This is a list of combinations http://mesaus.com/
    Last edited by Clive S; 10-08-2017 at 10:27 AM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thread Information