. .
    Hello Everyone

I continue with my build and it evolves as I build.

My Build Bog can be found here http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/7936-...uestions/page9

Because its taking a long time to build with limited time from the family and work I am changing from Supported Round rail to Hiwin Rails.

But I am confused with everything I have been looking through the posts but still I am confused on the selection.

I have looked at BST on Aliexpress but I have also found a UK supplier Which have spec'd up
    from Moore-International

x2 350mm X 20mm
    X2 900MM X 20MM
    X2 1200MM X 20MM

The Rails are Model - HGR20RH -

And the Carriages are - HGH20CAZ0H High Accuracy Low Preload

£621,88 Ex Vat which is better than Aliexpress because of the delivery and potentially the import duty.

I don't want to get it wrong so any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if the pre load is important (Does this need selecting because of the weight of the gantry and attached devices.)

Soe of the rails are flanged and others not but again i'm not sure if it is just a design thing for installation of better.

Or is Any Hiwin for a general Machine going to work and be better than the Support rails I have sitting unused.

Thank you

Rob
    Last edited by grain_r; 11-08-2017 at 03:19 PM.

You dont need high accuracy rails and carriages, but if you have, that's no problem. Provided that you fix them on perfectly flat surface. Download Hiwin manual, its all there...

Preload should be Light Preload for all purpose woodworking machine, including aluminum machining.

Carriages could be wide flange or not, it does not matter as far as its suits how to connect them

carriages i choose are xxHA type, as they are the longest ones /90mm/ but if the machine is not meant to be heavy duty it does not matter, anyway they are the same price normally.

I doubt it will be cheaper in UK than from Fred. depends on the weight though. I think you can have that package for 180$ from CN . For a full size machine ball screws and rails and all is around 450$ to ship. Now take care as to machine the screws in Europe is what is expensive 70 euro against 6$ in CN.

So probably if you buy rails, ball screws and spindle and VFD from Fred at once, it will be much cheaper with all, than buying from Europe. Or anyone else from China for that matter
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Hello Boyan thank you very much for the help and I am sorry for the late reply. I have held off buying the rails as yet until I finally finish the frame and then I will not be rushing into it (like I usually do ��)

I will do some more research on price from Fred too. Thank you very much.

Thanks
    Rob

Thread Information