. .
    Any one used the "G Code ripper" from Scortch @ Scortchworks.
    The site seems to be dead and any available downloads appear to be hacked and reporting as "deleted unsafe"
    Shame some helpful stuff on there??

It's scorch and the website is www.scorchworks.com
    What is there about a website that makes you think it's "dead" ?
    How to downloads "appear to be hacked" ?
    Who or what is reporting "deleted unsafe" ?

I'd like to know first in case I ever want to go onto that site
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 31-07-2017 at 07:53 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Dead was an over reaction.It seemed to me that when I tried to make contact the various methods offered for doing so,did not work. - Eventually I did contact him through F/Book. He told me he was unaware of any problems. This in the light of my Norton 360 reporting it as unsafe and actually removing the G Code Ripper programme. I never witnessed such abrupt action from Norton and I was, not unnaturally rattled. The guy made no further comment and thus it would have been foolish to continue. Unfortunate as he has some very useful programmes.
    Eddycurrent if you should decide to download perhaps you will report what you find.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Lots of anti-virus programs will do that to anything they don't recognise.

I've normally got to disable AVG whenever I install a Dynomotion update, as it blocks installation due to the main executable not having been scanned by them, so they flag it as unsafe and block/delete it's installation. AVG do however give the option of uploading the file for further analysis, and it'll come back a couple hours later saying it's clear, so anybody trying to install after should not get any problems.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thanks for info m_c. I never had this happen before so will look for a workaround.
    Scorch came back to me with the quip "well you wont get a virus then"

Duplicate post!
    Last edited by Leadhead; 01-08-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadhead View Post
    Thanks for info m_c. I never had this happen before so will look for a workaround.
    Get rid of Norton!!

Lots of people using G Code Ripper and F Engrave.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Quote Originally Posted by Leadhead View Post
    Scorch came back to me with the quip "well you wont get a virus then"
    He seems quite restrained and amusing given the number who probably tell him the same each week ;-)
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Thread Information