Hi Everyone,

Bit of a problem here and i'm after a bit of advice from anyone who has heard of this problem or can put a finger on the fault.

It's a generic ebay 6040 chinese cnc that has been happily cutting away for the last 18 months, i only work with wood so i never needed anything heavy duty and as i say it's been working fine until i made a mistake with a clamp placement, the tightening collar for the collet on the spindle came into contact with the clamp and as the clamp was going nowhere it slowed the spindle to a complete stop before i could hit the emergency stop button and i lost all power to the box.

Thinking the power supply unit had blown i ordered a new one, this duly came and i replaced it carefully making sure i swapped all the leads to the correct places and it's still as dead as a dodo, the power switch on the box itself is my next guess as it's rated at 15a and could have blown if there was a power surge with the spindle being stalled.

That's the real problem though i'm only guessing, replacing everything one by one is not really an option due to the expense, and some of the things like the internal nowforever vfd seem hard if not impossible to source in the UK.

My electrical experience is nil so has anyone any ideas? i thought that if it was the vfd or spindle then the box would still power on, unless it's all connected creating the circuit so if one component is dead it renders the rest useless.

Any input appreciated fellas and cheers for taking the time to read