. .
    Any body got a description on running in spindles?

grtz Bert

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk
    Last edited by driftspin; 14-08-2017 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by driftspin View Post
    Any body got a description on running in spindles?

grtz Bert

Bump!!!!

Machine model?

Many OEM spindles have recommended Warm Up routines, doesn't your manufacturer have any recommendations?
    If you can find out what make of bearings are in it the bearing manufacturer may give recommendations.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

4. The Following User Says Thank You to magicniner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Machine model?

Many OEM spindles have recommended Warm Up routines, doesn't your manufacturer have any recommendations?
    If you can find out what make of bearings are in it the bearing manufacturer may give recommendations.
    Hi Magiciner thanx for bumping this one.

Ok ... so i need to open it up.. it is a typical china spindle.

I ran it a few times with no load at a few speeds. maybe 30 min total.

After this some low speed 6mm cutter high feed in trespa..

Then at high speed 24k rpm max power with 32mm cutter in trespa...

About 1.5mtr/min 20mm width/ 3mm doc

Sparks flying :-) had to be quick to put out fires in the big mess it makes cutting trespa in a hurry.

looks like it is doin fine for now.

Time will tell how she goes.

Grtz Bert.

I Googled Trespa, it's a manufacturer which makes several products.
    Have you asked them for recommended feeds & speeds for the specific Trespa product you are cutting?
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    As magicniner says, the manufacturer is the first place to ask, followed by the bearing manufacturer.

However, the general process will involve running at gradually increasing speeds with no load for periods of time, while monitoring the temperature.
    If you read the last paragraph of this post - http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10344...8817#post88817 (should be post 36 in the thread..) it describes how I ran in my Triac spindle after changing the bearings. You'll obviously want to adjust the chosen speeds to something a bit more suitable, as the Triac spindle is only rated to 3000RPM.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I Googled Trespa, it's a manufacturer which makes several products.
    Have you asked them for recommended feeds & speeds for the specific Trespa product you are cutting?
    I found Trespa (HPL) can be cut at very high feedrates more than my machine can handle anyways.

Some documents from the manufacturer suggested 20meters per minute with 2 inch cutters at 30000 rpm.
    Unlimited power?!

My machine does 10m/min rapids reliable maybe... on a good day....

Can't imagine 20 while cutting... so...

My machine.
    32mm T-slot flatbottom cutter, up to 20mm width of cut ,1.5m/min @ 24krpm does a very nice surface finish.

At max @2.2 kw power

Hogging at +/- 4mm doc was possible.
    Earprotection mandatory !

I feel like polymax gluing trespa to welded steel and then surfacing it might be an option to replace the epoxy levelling method.

I think it is lots easier to find someone with a quality big table that can cut HPL reasonably flat compared to milling steel parts flat.

You do need to find someone willing though.

Grtz Bert.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    As magicniner says, the manufacturer is the first place to ask, followed by the bearing manufacturer.

However, the general process will involve running at gradually increasing speeds with no load for periods of time, while monitoring the temperature.
    If you read the last paragraph of this post - http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10344...8817#post88817 (should be post 36 in the thread..) it describes how I ran in my Triac spindle after changing the bearings. You'll obviously want to adjust the chosen speeds to something a bit more suitable, as the Triac spindle is only rated to 3000RPM.
    M-C thanks for that.

I have been running the spindle of and on with no load for +/-2 hours i checked total running time, so not just 30 min... also in various speeds just testing the uccnc vs UC300eth vs bob vs vfd pin out.

Also i had no clue about the effectiveness of my cpu watercooler radiator cooling i have.

I have not done any prolonged cuts but no rise in temperature was noticeable during +/- 30min action in 1 go.

Grtz Bert.

Last edited by driftspin; 21-11-2018 at 09:40 PM.

Some documents from the manufacturer suggested 20meters per minute with 2 inch cutters at 30000 rpm.
    You'd need a 10HP to 15HP spindle for that.

I would expect that you'd get much better tool life at much lower rpm. Imo, there's little reason run the spindle higher than 18,000 rpm, unless you are using very small cutters (~1mm).

PCD tooling is the best bet for Trespa, but very expensive.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Thread Information