. .

Thread: Xcarve

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I have decided the X-carve is completely useless as you have pointed out it is far too weak and wobbly for the hard work of machining large lumps of aluminium or working 24/7 cutting out commercial products

Unless you have a budget of about £10K or more it is a waste of time

An X-carve is only really useful for light work like cutting out some small signs or the odd small thing

So i have upped my budget to £10K

So

Can anyone recommend a machine for £10K that can be used for light work like cutting out some small signs or the odd small thing

A little extreme lol, if you want to get an Xcarve just get one no need to defend it but seriously check out the shapeoko 3 first as they are about the same price and the Xcarve is a shapeoko v2 check out it's history and the differences.

Version 3 is a lot more solid than the Xcarve but has minor wobble in the Z axis, Xcarve has more flex in the gantry but more solid Z axis.

Personally if I had to choose between the 2 I would go with the shapeoko v3 and remake the Z axis plate to be solid which a lot of people do. You really should check out the shapeoko forums and Xcarve forums to really get an idea of what you can do with one.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Not sure what is wrong with the Xcarve shown in that video but my Xcarve certainly does not flex anything like that!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information