. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have printed with great result.Small as GT2. I will advice PETG pulley. PLA will work also. ABS not. Nylon, even better.

HDT5 15mm will work great

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:16627
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Boyan - thanks for your advice. Do you reinforce the the pulley centre, as I will try first with PLA and wondered if it would take the torque from the shaft?

Boyan - Thingiverse/ OPENscad 2x Pully files just now easily and quickly completed. Excellent resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadhead View Post
    Boyan - thanks for your advice. Do you reinforce the the pulley centre, as I will try first with PLA and wondered if it would take the torque from the shaft?
    I print such things extrusion width 0.5mm, with 0.4mm nozzle at 0.2mm layer height , 4 perimeters at least and 50% infill at 90 degree mesh. I don't want to brag, but i consider myself already an expert and i carefully analyze and have in mind many things before a print so results are always working. For things like pulleys and so i will carefully look at the preview to see if there are any unwanted spaces due to object size divided by extrusion width and if needed will change a parameter until i am happy. needless to say when i design something for printing, i will know from the beginning how exactly i would like it printed .

I would have used a nice print, then ream the hole then use Loctite medium or high strength retaining compound for a permanent bond, not superglue.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Boyan - I will follow your advice carefully. There is an interesting new update to Simplify3D which addresses void issues so I will study that to see if it might be used to good effect.
    I am indebted to you for your assistance. Thank you once again.

Lives in a, Netherlands. Last Activity: 07-05-2020 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 46. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Ik have a 4th axis that I can use as a lathe, it has a 12 nm closed loop stepper.

With help from a friend I can now run it in both positioning mode and continuous mode.
    It has a 1:1 transmission and can run up to 1500 rpm, which scares me....:

I use linuxcnc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-08-14 13.52.47.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	22673
    Last edited by Sven; 24-08-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information