Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    On all of my 4 spray guns, you do not need to fully disassemble to take out the needle. You just fully unscrew the paint volume screw, remove the return spring and pull out the needle. This K3 looks as though it is the same, so why the problem?
    @ cropwell,

    This K3 Chinese copy is different. To explain in details (have a look into the attached picture):

    • The paint volume is regulated by the screw marked with the RED circle. This screw cannot be fully extracted, but no problem about it, since it does not effect cleaning process.

    • The screw marked with the the GREEN circle, only determines how far the trigger can be pulled. For example, you can preset a trigger pull to the middle, in order to achieve a specific paint cone and remain as is. This screw can be fully extracted, but there is no effect to anything else, since the trigger spring is secured by the screw marked into BLUE circle.

    • The part marked with the the BLUE circle, guides the needle and secures the trigger spring. Normaly (as happens on genuine Iwata model) this part should be possible to unscrew and release the spring AND the needle by gently pulling back. Unfortunatelly, this part, CANNOT be unscrew because it is part of the aluminum frame. The entire "screw" appearance of the part, is just decorative - not functioning! Therefore, the trigger spring and needle are traped there and cannot be extracted!


    I hope the above explanation, can clearly give a picture of the problem.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K3 in detail.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	23787
    Last edited by Philipp; 18-02-2018 at 07:03 PM.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Philipp View Post
    Unfortunatelly, this part, CANNOT be unscrew because it is part of the aluminum frame. The entire "screw" appearance of the part, is just decorative - not functioning! Therefore, the trigger spring and needle are traped there and cannot be extracted!
    By the way, this is how the spray gun should be disassembled, but I guess that the manufacturers of this Chinese-made piece of crap (previously presented as "the purchase of the Century"), did not bother to think how this tool will be cleaned after use! Typical Chinese-made useless crap for once paint and throw to garbage.

    DON'T BUY CHEAP HVLPs - TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K3 in detail parts.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	23788
    Last edited by Philipp; 18-02-2018 at 07:27 PM.

  3. #13
    m_c's Avatar
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,192. Received thanks 245 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    I've got two cheap paint guns, and I've never had any reason to remove the needle, or even dismantle the nozzles, so I'm failing to see why you're making this out to be such a big problem. Flush the gun once you're finished with it, and it's not a problem.

    But I'm also wondering why you're only contribution to this forum has been to criticise these spray guns?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

  4. #14
    Looks like I am just going to have to buy one, just for the hell of it. It would make sense for part #17 on the diagram to be left hand thread. Just a thought. These Chinese must be damned clever if they can assemble the needle assembly with part #17 in the body already.
    Albert Einstein may have been a genius, but his brother Frank, was a monster

    Having just moved to Windows 10 (which is crap) My stress levels are through the roof !!!

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I've got two cheap paint guns, and I've never had any reason to remove the needle, or even dismantle the nozzles
    I am really curious to hear HOW you clean the tools after use.


    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Flush the gun once you're finished with it, and it's not a problem.
    Just fush the guns? Really? Wow! I guess you never use real enamel paint, lacquer or epoxy (!!!) as first post claims. Well, maybe I am wrong, but I always disassemble my paint tools after use, clean them with proper thinner and assemble again to be ready for use. If this sounds "too much", I am sorry for respecting my tools "too much".


    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    But I'm also wondering why you're only contribution to this forum has been to criticise these spray guns?
    ...maybe because these cheap Chinese-made tools are totaly useless? Do you think that I would criticise if I had great tools with low price? I say again - I forgot the most basic rule "if you pay peanuts, you buy monkeys" and I was stupid enough to think that purchasing cheap tools would also do the job. That is why!


    Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    These Chinese must be damned clever if they can assemble the needle assembly with part #17 in the body already.
    Well, I do not know if they are "damned clever to assemble the needle assembly with part in the body already", but I know that they are smart enough to fluid the market with cheap copies that do not work.
    Last edited by Philipp; 18-02-2018 at 09:20 PM.

  6. #16
    m_c's Avatar
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,192. Received thanks 245 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philipp View Post
    ...maybe because these cheap Chinese-made tools are totaly useless? Do you think that I would criticise if I had great tools with low price? I say again - I forgot the most basic rule "if you pay peanuts, you buy monkeys" and I was stupid enough to think that purchasing cheap tools would also do the job. That is why!
    Let's just say, I'm always sceptical of people who join a forum, and then only post on a single topic.
    From experience, that tells me either the poster has an axe to grind for some reason, or they have an ulterior motive/vested interested.

    Given that your first post made your point, but have then essentially repeated that point 4 more times, I'm still undecided.


    And just for reference, over the past few years, I've used my guns for tractor enamel, along with water and oil based paints. Flushing works for me, but then some peoples idea of flushing is just running a little bit thinner/cleaner through. I always flush until I'm getting pure thinner/cleaner out, with no hint of colour. Then if it's the final clean, I'll fill it with thinner and let it sit for a couple hours, before giving it a final clean out.
    If it was to block, I'll just spend another 20/30 on a new one. Given my current guns must be over 5 year old, and are only used 2 or 3 times a year, I'm not going to spend several hundred on a spray gun.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Let's just say, I'm always sceptical of people who join a forum, and then only post on a single topic.
    No problem sir! PLEASE go ahead and purchase one of these Chinese-made K3 or F75 crap sprayguns. If you manage to disassemble parts (as shown in the above mentioned diagram) and clean them properly, I PROMISE to send you the amount you spent for purchasing these Chinese-made copies. On the other hand, if you also find that it is impossible to extract needle and spring, would you forget your ego for a moment and publicly admit that I was right? Please make my day and go ahead to buy. After all, you only have $20 to loose and feel tricked and stupid (like I did) by Chinese sellers. What do you say? Sounds fair? Do you really need to get tricked by Chinese sellers first to be convienced that these cheap HVLPs are useless?


    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    From experience, that tells me either the poster has an axe to grind for some reason, or they have an ulterior motive/vested interested.
    Please Mr Sherlock, please tell me ONE reason (ONE only) I need to say lies to you. Give me one reason for having ulterior motive/vested interest. I am just trying to save you money you silly! I am just shouting loud "...I've been tricked, I was fool and purchased these cheap Chinese-made HVLPs. Do a favor to yourself and do NOT buy...". Where is the negatine on trying to warn fellow hobbyist? Where?


    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Flushing works for me, but then some peoples idea of flushing is just running a little bit thinner/cleaner through. I always flush until I'm getting pure thinner/cleaner out, with no hint of colour. Then if it's the final clean, I'll fill it with thinner and let it sit for a couple hours, before giving it a final clean out.
    Sir, I paint for more than 20 years. Never seen a paint (water-based, enamel, lacquer, epoxy etc) gets away with "just a flush". Ah, keep in mind, that my painting tools (airbrushes, sprayguns etc) are SHINING like new, even if I use them for 10+ years! And they are look like new, because I always clean every detail after use. On the other hand, the picture I saw earlier (click HERE) showing Boyan Silyavski's tools, they are dirty and obviously never care about them - typical sign of no proper cleaning and maybe not cleaning at all! Are your HVLP sprayguns also as dirty as his? More dirty maybe?


    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    If it was to block, I'll just spend another 20/30 on a new one.
    We all do have expensive tools on our bench. Tools that absolutely worth the money spent! The reason for all this, is the enthusiastic review for a product that is completely useless, and THAT should ring a bell for you all! WHY someone sends an enthusiastic review for a low-cost and low-quality product? Why? Hmmmm... any ideas? Any "...ulterior motive/vested interest..." (as you previously said)? Any?

    Honestly, I would prefer to offer these $20 money spent to a poor guy, instead of purchasing the Chinese-made sprayguns. Maybe the worst purchase ever for me. And what really bothers me is that (for some unexplained reason) some people still insist that the Chinese-made less-than-$10-worth sprayguns are "great"! Well, no - they are not. Sorry!

    Long story short. I asked user Boyan Silyavski to show a picture of his Chinese-made HVLP sprayguns completely disassembled as shown in the above mentioned diagram, as they should. What presented so far, was a picture of dirty sprayguns with obvious paint remnants - and that is a sign that clearly says that Boyan Silyavski's sprayguns are also impossible to get disassembled - just like the ones I purchased.
    Last edited by Philipp; 19-02-2018 at 12:06 AM.

  8. #18
    m_c's Avatar
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,192. Received thanks 245 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    Make that 5 more times...
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

  9. #19
    Here is my perspective on the whole issue :-
    .
    The first question is -
    Do these spray guns produce acceptable results for the job in hand?
    If I had to paint a Rolls Royce, I would take the car to a professional painter of Rolls Royce cars with a known reputation for quality work. I would not consider an amateur job with a cheap spray gun. For painting a CNC frame I would probably use a disposable foam brush anyway.
    .
    The second question -
    How valuable is your time that you would spend cleaning out a spray gun?
    Generally, when I do a job, I carry on until I am finished (not only the job, but me as well) and am too knackered to do anything but a functional clean of my tools and equipment. So the value of my time increases massively when I am tired.
    .
    Thirdly -
    How much does the solvent cost?
    Not only in s but also in environmental terms.
    ..

    The final issue for me is who do I trust? A member of this forum who, for some years, has been giving the sound advice of his experience OR someone whose first post on the forum descends to a rant in a short time.
    Albert Einstein may have been a genius, but his brother Frank, was a monster

    Having just moved to Windows 10 (which is crap) My stress levels are through the roof !!!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to cropwell For This Useful Post:


  11. #20
    The title of this thread is; "Best cheap Spray Paint Guns for DIY CNC builder or small workshop"
    With key words being, "Best cheap"
    Boyan is therefore not trying to say these are as good as 'expensive' spray guns but rather, these are the best he's found that are 'cheap' spray guns.
    So if the reader is looking for a cheap spray gun, one of these is a good choice but if the reader wants a better spray gun then look elsewhere.

    As cropwell said, the price of solvent is an issue now, gone are the days when you get a gallon of parafin at the local shop.
    That's why I buy a pack of dirt cheap paint brushes for non critical work because it's cheaper to bin them than clean them after use.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 19-02-2018 at 06:22 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BUILD LOG: Small workshop CNC router, steel base, planning on ATC
    By spresv in forum DIY Router Build Logs
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-02-2017, 04:28 PM
  2. Cheap small steppers and drivers
    By m_c in forum Stepper & Servo Motors
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 31-05-2016, 08:59 PM
  3. is it possible to do a diy help spray machine?
    By reefy86 in forum Machine Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-01-2016, 11:38 AM
  4. Powder coat & paint
    By craigrobbo in forum Metal Finishing Techniques
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 09:06 PM
  5. NEW MEMBER: Manouchehr from small workshop
    By Manouchehr in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-08-2010, 10:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •