. .
    hi, Im new to this forum but i come in need of advice, ive built a router and its working fine, mechanically but im having problems electronically and im not sure what causing it. im not sure if stepper motors are clever enough to sense faults but im getting an external estop in the mach 3 constantly, its just started, i dont think its a loose cable and its too new to be worn through somewhere???? im loosing the will to live

anyone else experienced this and has an easy solution

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1423.JPG 
Views:	167 
Size:	660.4 KB 
ID:	22621

Have you got an emergency stop wired in?

Yes and I tried disabling it and it didn't cure the problem

Quote Originally Posted by thinfourth View Post
    Have you got an emergency stop wired in?

yes but i disabled it to see if it made any difference but it didnt. im thinking about changing my breakout board to a UC300 from a HG08, could it be a faulty circuit?? i dont know

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmd View Post
    yes but i disabled it to see if it made any difference but it didnt. im thinking about changing my breakout board to a UC300 from a HG08, could it be a faulty circuit?? i dont know
    Hi and welcome to the forum. I am sorry but we don't have a crystal ball. Can you give more information about the router. Under what circumstances does it Estop? It is no use just stabbing in the dark. Is the machine frame earthed?

Does it estop when the spindle is not running ie with the VFD off etc.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hi Clive. Of course your right. Ok. I built it myself, it has an mdf and timber table and has no earth, never thought of that, the rest is steel and aluminium, ball screws and hiwin rails. 4 nema 34 motors, 2 on x-axis and 1-y, 1-z, all motors are belt to ball screw driven, my break out board is an HG08 and stepper drivers CW8060 all from cnc4you, i get ''external ratio requested even when I reference all home, spindle or not, last night it said limit switch triggered but it hadn't, very frustrating, not sure what else to tell you

I was running a program and it had been cutting for about an hour when it stopped. I couldn't get it to work for more that 20 seconds after that without it stopping and saying "external estop requested"
    Last edited by malcolmd; 21-08-2017 at 11:56 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmd View Post
    Hi Clive. Of course your right. Ok. I built it myself, it has an mdf and timber table and has no earth, never thought of that, the rest is steel and aluminium, ball screws and hiwin rails. 4 nema 34 motors, 2 on x-axis and 1-y, 1-z, all motors are belt to ball screw driven, my break out board is an HG08 and stepper drivers CW8060 all from cnc4you, i get ''external ratio requested even when I reference all home, spindle or not, last night it said limit switch triggered but it hadn't, very frustrating, not sure what else to tell you
    What does this mean (external ratio requested)? What controller are you using? Have you tried cutting in air above the table with out the spindle on?

Your symptom sound like EMF (noise) have you use a star point for all your grounds? some good pictures of the inside of the control box would help.

Please be specific with what you have done and give answers to the above.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thread Information