. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I've used the router for an hour with no issue, thank you very much for all the replies, especially you, Clive. I'm not quite sure what happened but I'm (fairly!) confident in saying I'm back in business :D couldn't have done it without this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by mark84 View Post
    I've used the router for an hour with no issue, thank you very much for all the replies, especially you, Clive. I'm not quite sure what happened but I'm (fairly!) confident in saying I'm back in business :D couldn't have done it without this forum!
    Mark Just for the sake of clarity and for others can you say what was the problem if you know.

Glad you got it going.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by mark84 View Post
    Hi,
    Sorry for my wall of text, I misunderstood the original instructions about joining For and Dcm, I didn't think you meant with mach 3 connected.
    I can confirm that connecting these two and starting the toolpath does bring the spindle to life, disconnecting the two while the spindle is running stops it, and simply pressing the spindle off via mach3 slows it(but doesn't stop it fully) to about 70rpm.
    I know this is a very big bump, but I've just put it to the back of my mind for the best part of 3 years (where does the time go!)
    So I'm still to this day happily using the router(an hour or so a month) with FOR and DCM connected. Everything works fine *touch routed wood *, so I never altered the vfd settings, and just stuck with the change to the wiring.. but can I ask if this solution has any downsides?! Should have probably asked this in 2017.
    Last edited by mark84; 22-06-2020 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Typo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information