. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The separators work pretty well. I have one on top of 200l barrel. problem is they are not 100%, more like 94 %. Which means on every 100kg , 6kg of fine dust really goes into the vacuum cleaner. Which is not a great deal if you do small stuff.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

I'm certainly not generating "commercial" volumes of dust for my hobby work, but the fine dust does tend to clog the vacuum cleaner filter. Do these cheap separators work well with the fine dust as well as chips?

At the end of the day, no matter how much money you are going to spent in a system like that ,you are going to get it back from bag saving, time and nerve braking everytime you have to change a vacuum bag at the middle of a job!

Lives in Sheffield, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16-02-2019 Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 50. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    I'm certainly not generating "commercial" volumes of dust for my hobby work, but the fine dust does tend to clog the vacuum cleaner filter. Do these cheap separators work well with the fine dust as well as chips?
    They work great. Last year when I started using the separator/barrel combo, I hammered my CNC cutting MDF. But I've not had to empty my vac once since using the setup. Next to no dust enters the vac. At most, you'll probably get a very fine film of dust in the vac over a long period of time.
    Bought a Chinese 6040...if only I'd known better :(

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rye For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    They work great. Last year when I started using the separator/barrel combo, I hammered my CNC cutting MDF. But I've not had to empty my vac once since using the setup. Next to no dust enters the vac. At most, you'll probably get a very fine film of dust in the vac over a long period of time.
    Did you build a cyclone or buy an off the shelf solution?
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Lives in Sheffield, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16-02-2019 Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 50. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    I bought the separator(£14.80 from ebay UK) and a cheap blue barrel £8 (delivery was £ 7.99 though.) Also bought lots of ribbed hosing so I could split the system and use it to soak-up dust from the sander, bench saw and use as a vac for tidying the shed.

Just took this photo from one of my security cams to give you an idea of what it looks like:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4105489_2017-09-01 18_52_48.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	22702

Excuse image quality and messy shed :)
    Last edited by Rye; 01-09-2017 at 07:36 PM.
    Bought a Chinese 6040...if only I'd known better :(

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rye For This Useful Post:

I really like how you did that! I might have to hack a quick cyclone out of 30l bucket and lid with pipe fittings because I have it all to hand but I definitely want to make something like your setup for a more long term solution.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information