. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cheers the reply Alex! Yeh i've swapped the jumpers from the Y over to the x driver and i get movement on the Y that way. So i've got motion on X,Y,Z motors, just the y-allocated driver is showing a fault and can't drive any of the motors with it.

Cheers Leadhead, should i post up some pics of the drivers? Maybe you could advise on whether i need to replace them with different drivers and board in the pc to get me back to running on Mach3. NCStudio is no fun at all :)

Quote Originally Posted by WRandall View Post
    Cheers the reply Alex! Yeh i've swapped the jumpers from the Y over to the x driver and i get movement on the Y that way. So i've got motion on X,Y,Z motors, just the y-allocated driver is showing a fault and can't drive any of the motors with it.
    Hi Will,

Ok good start, Pics of the drivers would be helpful, do you mean the driver has a flashing Red LED or something when you say it is showing fault?

Not sure what drivers you have, but the AM882 Leadshine drivers i have flash a red LED if any of the vital connections aren't detected / wired incorrectly.

Thanks

Alex

Will - If you are still in trouble. I can pop in next week with a spare driver and BoB if you think it would help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5127.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	286.6 KB 
ID:	23088Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5128.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	360.0 KB 
ID:	23089

Think there are photos attached now. Sorry, first time uploading photos to the forum.

Curiously, although nothing else has changed, i'm now also getting a Y Limit alarm on NC Studio. The gantry is nowhere near the limit switch, which is a proximity type.

And thanks Lead, that would be AMAZING. Have PM'd you with my number. Anytime convenient to you, i'll be there with bells on.

Hi Chester

Welcome to the forum, looks like you've settled in well. I don't post here often as I don't currently spend a lot of time with my cnc due to other commitments. However, I see you guys have all met. I'm in Havant and feel left out

haha.
    RC cars
    RC helicopters
    Motorbikes
    Renovating an entire house
    Twatter: @CrazyLThirteen
    Insta: CrazyLThirteen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information