. .
    Hello hoping someone can help me., I recently bought a Pacer cnc which works exactly as it should as far as i can tell. It is XMC-E version 3.23.1.6 Model cadet with Nee controller. This was purchased for my second income as I have used Pacer software so I wanted to preferably stick with that and it is working from a PC with Windows XP. My stumbling block is I want to be able to create 21/2 d carving etc with bullnose and I spoke to technical support at Rhino but unfortunately with no joy.
    I know it is doable as this is the same set up we had at Artform when I worked there so I just need to replicate this is at all possible and hoping that someone can point me in the right direction . Thanks.

Have a look at Vetric V carve pro http://www.vectric.com/ will do all you want toolpaths can be saved as Pacer tap files.

Phill

Thanks Phil as it happens I've been looking at v carve and aspire for some time and was going to call them again tomorrow for some more advice. I have to convince myself that the set up will work. I have an iMac and the general consensus is to get vectric on the iMac via virtual space and then prepare everything on iMac send file to a dropbox and from the Pacer terminal which is XP open. This is where I think it needs some tweaking in a post processor or something from what vectric were suggesting.
    This potentially sounds a bit scary and don't want to mess anything up on the Pacer. I know it's doable as many years ago this is the set up Artform had and it worked well just no idea how it worked, wish I was a bit more computer literate then. I will look into this a bit more so thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by rainboweyes View Post
    Thanks Phil as it happens I've been looking at v carve and aspire for some time and was going to call them again tomorrow for some more advice. I have to convince myself that the set up will work. I have an iMac and the general consensus is to get vectric on the iMac via virtual space and then prepare everything on iMac send file to a dropbox and from the Pacer terminal which is XP open. This is where I think it needs some tweaking in a post processor or something from what vectric were suggesting.
    This potentially sounds a bit scary and don't want to mess anything up on the Pacer. I know it's doable as many years ago this is the set up Artform had and it worked well just no idea how it worked, wish I was a bit more computer literate then. I will look into this a bit more so thanks again.
    After you have a chat with Vetric I use Aspire and could send you a test sample file saved using the pacer post processor to see if it works for you.

Phill

Thanks Phil I would like to take you up on this offer if possible. I spoke to Vectric during my dinner break but didn't really get long enough but it sounded like it was possible. Please send to [email protected] and we'll take it from there. Thanks again.

Thread Information