. .
    Hi folks, looking for some advise about Conect 121 CNC lathe.

If anybody familiar with the hardware, what exactly does it need upgraded in order to use it with Mach3? Definitely have to get an USB Mach3 controller, but do I need new micro steppers too or I can use the old ones?

Same question for spindle motor controller and power supply.

Much appreciated

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    If you really want cheap, you could bodge jumper wires onto the existing driver board to use the original stepper drivers, but in all honesty, they're rubbish. Fitting modern drives is the way to go, as they'll give far better performance, even with the original steppers.
    If the existing spindle driver is working, then you'll need a 0-10V supply to control it, along with an enable signal.
    The PSU in it should be 36V along with a 12V tap for logic supply. 36V is plenty unless you're really trying to get every last ounce of performance from the steppers. Unless you go for industrial controls, you'll be looking at also needing a 5V supply.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thanks for the advice, I actually took on a Novamill instead of the Conect lathe, so I've moved over to the relevant section.

Thread Information