. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Hi guys,
    Then I used my ammeter on the mains power cable and it actually measured 0.8A. I trust this reading to be more accurate than the VFD panel reading.
    Edward
    You mentioned later that you're using a clamp meter. Quick question - did you position this around a single core of the supply. or the 3-core mains cable? If the latter, is your clamp meter designed for 2/3 core cables?, or a basic clamp meter? If the latter, then your reading is inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    You mentioned later that you're using a clamp meter. Quick question - did you position this around a single core of the supply. or the 3-core mains cable? If the latter, is your clamp meter designed for 2/3 core cables?, or a basic clamp meter? If the latter, then your reading is inaccurate.

It's a clamp meter designed to be placed around a single core, for example either the live or the neutral, and used as such. I have various dial ammeters that I could also have used, but for a quick cursory look, the clamp meter was more convenient.

Edward

"Hmmm, unfortunately there are too many variants that affect the actual current draw of a particular device, for instance the forces applied at the cutting end."

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Incorrect
    0/10
    Puerile as puerile goes. But whatever:)

No mention of Drive, VFD or Inverter Drive?
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    "Hmmm, unfortunately there are too many variants that affect the actual current draw of a particular device, for instance the forces applied at the cutting end."
    That's quite obviously utter bunkum, otherwise nothing electrical other than simple resistive load systems in industry could ever be built to a specification without years of iterative testing, fettling and re-testing.

0/10 seems extremely apt as it happens ;-)

You're saying that something calculated every day by professional engineers cannot be calculated - you're full of it and don't like that you are demonstrably incorrect, I suggest you get used to it as you seem hell bent on continuing the pattern :D
    Last edited by magicniner; 14-09-2017 at 10:06 PM.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Hmmm, you are waffling and sidetracking and you know it, you know very well what I was referring to. This silly point scoring and displays of bravado don't do you any favours. It makes you look bad.

I suggest you apply your energy and knowledge (which I'm sure you have in abundance) to better use, as practically all the other knowledgeable posters do, to whom I am grateful.

End of story, I let you have your last word, because of course, you must.

Edward
    Last edited by Edward; 12-09-2017 at 10:12 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information