Hello all,

Firstly I should say I have NO cnc experience nor have I build a cnc before, so total newbie in that department.

I design and make furniture for a living in my own workshop near to Guildford UK.
The workshop varies greatly type of furniture it makes from freestanding one off bespoke pieces to fitted furniture to bespoke living spaces.
About 3 years I started looking into having a cnc in the workshop and how it could help with production.
I settled on building a mechmate cnc and have been doing my homework on that ever since.
It will be used for cutting sheet materials and true 3d furniture components. (Ill post some images of the 3d stuff later)

What I have decided so far:
Mechmate cnc build plans purchased
Capacity to cut 2440 x1220 (8x4) Sheets
Z Capacity 150mm
Option to add rotary indexer later
Try to Follow original mechmate plans apart from slightly different table design due to steel I have in stock and electrics.

My biggest weakness is the electrical side of the build. I have no experience with electrics/electronics apart from wiring up a few workshops and building extensions.

My schedule is to complete the planning and material gathering for end of this year. By that time I will have the building ready for where the mechmate will finally live. With the plan to physically start building the 1t of Jan.
I will start a build log on the mechmate site and here as I hope to learn more from this forum that will help my build go smoothly.

Any advice and pointers will be very welcome.

Crikey!! This is long first post, as you have probably guessed I have not done much posting on forums before either ha ha.