. .
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    you could sell your excess as 1kg bags of it on ebay and probably make a tidy little profit :)
    That is what I am thinking :p

Looks like you can get some nice results laser etching powder coated stuff....

Might be tempted to try it out at some point, easier than messing around with large amounts of acid solution... just need to build an oven big enough for the larger parts but that's easy enough to DIY I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    Looks like you can get some nice results laser etching powder coated stuff....

Might be tempted to try it out at some point, easier than messing around with large amounts of acid solution... just need to build an oven big enough for the larger parts but that's easy enough to DIY I would think.
    Yea it is the best part of it.
    Especially for my use case where I want the logo and serial there but stealth like.

So want to do my van's wheels now with this stuff xD

So after 18 cases + a few test parts I have used the whole 1/2 KG bag with the following remaining;

The bottle on the left is the fresh powder that I have left to use the one of the right is 90% of the powder that did not stick.
    There was quite a layer at the bottom of my professional spray booth (which is definitely not the oven box on its side..)

Did have a couple odd spots on some of the early attempts. Not sure what went wrong here. Only happened on a few faces. Looks like it could be gas escaping from the part or clumps from storage, but only happens on certain faces of the part...?

PS, buy a face mask. I forgot till after I was spraying all day and I can feel it.
    Probably wont do that much damage compared to the crap we use to thrown on the bonfire when I was a kid...
    Last edited by JOGARA; 02-05-2018 at 06:26 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JOGARA For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information