. .
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Think I will get murdered by the Mrs if I skipped it lol, the control box is a Rhonmac not sure on controller cards etc all in a nice neat box, I have noticed that when I jog the motors usually first thing they just make a noise and dont move obviously if this happens mid cut it would cause my issue, but so far I have been unable to hear the noise when its all running. I'm wondering if its to do with the speed I have it set to?!!
    not really sure if the settings are correct my machine info is 1600 steps 8 micro steps 15 motor teeth leadscrew 30 leadscrew pitch 2mm expect this means something to somebody. Mach 3 is set to steps per 2000 velocity 438 acceleration 187.5
    Last edited by woodworker; 13-10-2017 at 07:50 PM.

It could be a motor stall problem. Try reducing the acceleration, you can always set it back up if no difference. Your Mach3 steps per looks wrong. I am very tired at the moment, so if anyone would care to check my calcs please let me know if I am out.

Motor has 15 tooth pulley, Leadscrew has 30 tooth pulley (I would have expected this to be the other way round - but no matter)

2:1 pulley reduction
    2mm pitch leadscrew means axis moves 1 mm per revolution of the stepper, ie 200 steps, 8 microsteps means 1600 pulses per rev, i.e. mm.

So steps per in Mach3 should be 1600 not 2000.

Have you done any dimension tests yet or has your current problem overshadowed things ?

Thanks Cropwell I have a pile of firewood so far I will PM my number I wasnt around earlier but in all day tomorrow if you have time. The 1600 looked obvious when I typed it duh just seem to be going round in circles, not 100% sure about dimension tests but I cut some pockets and found them to be several mm out.

I did mention all this to you in post #7 when I checked your code. (I see that you have deleted the code).

So do as Rob says and lower the acc. at least on the axis that is stalling.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Right guys tried setting up the machine with the set steps in settings it failed twice to move the x axis and once on the z I tried again success on the next attempts all ok with distance, it has probably failed to move at least 10 times this morning at various settings (all on the jog buttons mostly x axis). so I set up a couple of dry run pockets without extraction and router so I could hear any motor changes on the second cut I heard one at a about 30 % in I am thinking this must controller related now I will post up what they are once I've got the screw driver out.

ok, box opened images of controller cards,pc and control box my steppers are motionking 23hs1404 I have been unable to get the spec for these motors (why dont they put it on the labels?!?!? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pc.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	23039Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rhonmac.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	23040Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	23041Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cardup.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	23042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CW5045-2-phase-font-b-Microstepping-b-font-Motor-font-b-driver-b-font-for-cnc.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	311.1 KB 
ID:	23043
    Last edited by woodworker; 14-10-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Lives in Derbyshire  UK, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 295. Received thanks 28 times, giving thanks to others 13 times.
    Look like your amps are set to 4.5 try dropping to 3.7 that is sw1-off sw2-on sw3-off then retry

Phill

Quote Originally Posted by woodworker View Post
    Right guys tried setting up the machine with the set steps in settings it failed twice to move the x axis and once on the z I tried again success on the next attempts all ok with distance, it has probably failed to move at least 10 times this morning at various settings (all on the jog buttons mostly x axis). so I set up a couple of dry run pockets without extraction and router so I could hear any motor changes on the second cut I heard one at a about 30 % in I am thinking this must controller related now I will post up what they are once I've got the screw driver out.
    Yes but have you changed the Acc. setting
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I'm confused I have a piece of paper (came with the machine) written on the back in pencil are the dip switches, looks like they are all wrong paper says
    123 off =1.5a with a tick next to it
    sw4 = on Half current
    Micro step 5678
    5=off
    6=off
    7=on
    8=off
    to me it looks completely transposed could this be it....

Lives in Derbyshire  UK, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 295. Received thanks 28 times, giving thanks to others 13 times.
    I might be wrong but I think it should be sw1-off sw2-on sw3-off = 3.7 amps, 5=on 6=on 7=off 8=on that's 1/8th micro

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information