Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Hi,there everyone.
    I need help with wiring my cnc6040Z USB 800 Watt machine 3 axis limit switches -->2 per axis in Normally Closed in series to the board mentioned bellow.

My problem is I have JP-3163B ver 3.9 motion controller board,On one side it has these connections--> VCC/XXW/XYW/ZXW and on the other C/NO/0-10V/ GND now please tell me do i need to place the 2 wires per limit switch for eg.for the X axis -->Com and NC wires in the XXW slot and Y axis Com and NC in the XYW and same for the Z axis in the ZXW or only NC wire in each of them and all the COM wires in the VCC slot?
    Im so confused ???? plus do I need resisters or is it fine without???? :

And here is a link for the complete pic.

Please HELP anyone:(

do you have a link to the manual you can post ?
    of better still -
    take a photo of your board

as the google link goes to several pictures

I think you should find the limit switch connections should go to
    a small 5 pin header on the board and not to any large screw terminals like the connections for the power and stepper motors

Last edited by john swift; 21-09-2017 at 11:27 PM.

Hi.there I have tried to attached a pic of the actual board I have minus the DB9 which is optional on i also have [cnc6040z .settings file ] which i can not open and would like to know how to upload on this page it is saying invalid format please tell me how to upload??? I need your help on wiring limit switches and setting exact parameters in mach 3 or 4 demo according to these documents which came with the machine.???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc6040z actual board.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	22863
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC USB English Manual.pdf  

hi i have managed to upload my cnc6040Z XML settings file that came with the cd for my machine.great i hope you can help me with everything from start to milling something.

i have also attached a pic of the actual limit switches i would like wire in series 2 per axis on the actual board....
    <<<Now i know that 2 limit switches will have 2 wires coming from them ---->1) Com(black wire GND) /// 2) NC(Red wire)
    so that is 6 wires /6 limit switches...>>>
    now how and where on my jp-3163B v3.9 board i have attached a pic of , will 3 black wires and the 3 red wires be plugged in exactly ???

Also do i have use resisters with my limit switches or not i need full explanation i hope not ?????/??

Sorry for my persistence and rambling. :)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Schematicsman; 23-09-2017 at 05:32 AM.

This is how I would connect the limit switches.

Name:	limits.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	22868
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

I see Eddycurrent beet me to it

while I was adding to one of your pictures

Name:	limit switch connections.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	332.8 KB 
ID:	22869

with only the link to select either the internal +5v or an external positive suppy for the input opto isolators
    but no link to break the ground connection

it looks like you can not take full advantage of the input

as soon as I can I will down load mach3 to see what the XML file setting are

Last edited by john swift; 23-09-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Hi,there john hows things,have managed to figure out how to wire up my board, I'm stuck cant get to use my machine I need help on how to wire up 2 limits per axis for my board in the most simplest way and also do i need resisters and what value . basically I need a complete instruction on wiring limit switches on the board specified above???? then exact Mach 3 XML setup to get my machine moving quick and start pcb isolation milling and aluminum milling,Please HeLP ASAP its frustrating me the whole thing is catching dust....

You have the user name "Schematicsman", you are going to mill a pcb, and yet you can't wire two switches in series ? plus you can't read the previous two posts ! having a laugh ?
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 28-09-2017 at 08:37 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

version 2 of limit switch diagram

Name:	limit switch connections v2.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	360.2 KB 
ID:	22885

Name:	GreenBoard.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	22886

hi there John for starters that is just a user name i came up with, has nothing to do with anything and im a newbie in all of this wiring and cnc im trying to learn how to wire everything up and properly setup Mach 3 like everybody else to start doing some milling ect.and I need to know,do i need to use resisters and also how do I wire all coms together and fit the wires in the connector???? :(
    Last edited by Schematicsman; 29-09-2017 at 05:43 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast