. .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hi there john I managed to get a few things setup.
    what I found out was that in order for mach 3 to run on my laptop it needed to have Parallel Port checkbox ticked on initial installation and now it shows in Diagnostics tab :: pulse and other processors incrementing and decrementing which watching the you tube video shows thats what I need to see ,also I did a Driver Test on my Laptop and it said Excellent in green and all stable.so all that is good. So I proceeded forward to the Motor outputs tab and looked at the pdf they sent for my machine and set the Step pin and Dir pin according to the pdf spec pinout ,so I need to know what else needs to be checked on the motor output tab.I also want Mach 3 to control spindle automatically do I need to check that and anything else on that page and also on the Input signals tab what needs to be ticked for all limit switches and homing to work having trouble with that not working???????Please help thank you

If you get it working that's great but for a laptop with Mach3 you will also need to change the machine type as Windows is set to be able to turn off all sorts of stuff to save power on laptop which can cause problems, often only after 5, 10 or 15 minutes of machine run time. That's why the Mach3 manual states that laptops are not recommended and are unsuported.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Hey there magicniner you dont have to be nasty and by the way I do have desktop computer which will be using for cnc and yes its windows 7 pro..i just wanted to try the laptop I had thats all. and I asked for some settings help ect,Im a newbie in the cnc world so please try to use better words next time instead of insulting me ok and Im sure there will be someone nice enough that will want to help me with the some hard settings information that I need help with...

***And by the way magicniner don't write to me if your going to be polite at all.take care***:(
    Last edited by Schematicsman; 04-10-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    If you get it working that's great but for a laptop with Mach3 you will also need to change the machine type as Windows is set to be able to turn off all sorts of stuff to save power on laptop which can cause problems, often only after 5, 10 or 15 minutes of machine run time. That's why the Mach3 manual states that laptops are not recommended and are unsuported.
    There's nothing nasty there at all, you are being over-sensitive and paranoid!
    I didn't even mention your chosen screen name :D

listen Im not over sensitive but the fact you wrote in such a way,thank you for your help!. Please dont write to my profile anymore.if you do I will report you ok...:****

I've read this thread and in fairness I don't think Magicniner was saying anything untoward. It is true that Mach3 advises against using laptops as they can cause instability.That doesn't mean it will definitely fail, but it might.

BTW, I use a laptop and USB with absolutely no problems, but then I am not using Mach3. I use Kflop with KmotionCNC.

Edward

Quote Originally Posted by Schematicsman View Post
    Please dont write to my profile anymore.if you do I will report you ok...:****
    I have no access to write to your profile, has someone edited your profile?
    If so you should report it to admin immediately as administrative access is required to do that!

Hi let's not get of on the wrong foot here .everything is all right
    With my profile ..now please in future try to be more polite,ok I just wanted to try on my laptop, so I can learn how to set Mach 3 up for my machine and see how it goes then I will be using that info to set my desktop with Mach3 so if you or Edward wanted to help please by all means but choose appropriate words when writing to Schematicsman ok and there is no harm in trying, just had the laptop laying around,so lets start from the beginning. Here's a snapshot of my laptop showing diagnostics tab in mach3 now can you tell me if that looks goodClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1444.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	290.8 KB 
ID:	22957 ***Sorry for the pic being side ways took a photo with my phone? then I would like to get help with what I was asking at the start of my post, top of page......?????
    Last edited by Schematicsman; 05-10-2017 at 04:37 AM.

Photo rotated with Windows viewer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lazy.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	22958  

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schematicsman View Post
    Hi let's not get of on the wrong foot here .everything is all right
    With my profile ..now please in future try to be more polite,ok I just wanted to try on my laptop, so I can learn how to set Mach 3 up for my machine and see how it goes then I will be using that info to set my desktop with Mach3 so if you or Edward wanted to help please by all means but choose appropriate words when writing to Schematicsman ok and there is no harm in trying, just had the laptop laying around,so lets start from the beginning. Here's a snapshot of my laptop showing diagnostics tab in mach3 now can you tell me if that looks goodClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1444.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	290.8 KB 
ID:	22957 ***Sorry for the pic being side ways took a photo with my phone? then I would like to get help with what I was asking at the start of my post, top of page......?????
    I am afraid that you will not get answers with an attitude like this. The only question I see in the above is you asking if the screen shot looks good and then you expect people to re read your posts to find out what and where the problem is without you bothering to find the post No. yourself.

I did send you some links to vids and the manual for Mach3 but you don't appear to want to help yourself.

I suggest that you read your thread from the beginning again and reevaluate what you have said.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information