. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi,there everyone.
    I need help with wiring my cnc6040Z USB 800 Watt machine 3 axis limit switches -->2 per axis in Normally Closed in series to the board mentioned bellow.

My problem is I have JP-3163B ver 3.9 motion controller board,On one side it has these connections--> VCC/XXW/XYW/ZXW and on the other C/NO/0-10V/ GND now please tell me do i need to place the 2 wires per limit switch for eg.for the X axis -->Com and NC wires in the XXW slot and Y axis Com and NC in the XYW and same for the Z axis in the ZXW or only NC wire in each of them and all the COM wires in the VCC slot?
    Im so confused ???? plus do I need resisters or is it fine without???? :

And here is a link for the complete pic.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wiri...p8ASzSf5YzixM:

Please HELP anyone:(

Hi
    do you have a link to the manual you can post ?
    of better still -
    take a photo of your board

as the google link goes to several pictures

I think you should find the limit switch connections should go to
    a small 5 pin header on the board and not to any large screw terminals like the connections for the power and stepper motors

John
    Last edited by john swift; 21-09-2017 at 11:27 PM.

Hi.there I have tried to attached a pic of the actual board I have minus the DB9 which is optional on mine.now i also have [cnc6040z .settings file ] which i can not open and would like to know how to upload on this page it is saying invalid format please tell me how to upload??? I need your help on wiring limit switches and setting exact parameters in mach 3 or 4 demo according to these documents which came with the machine.???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc6040z actual board.jpg 
Views:	872 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	22863
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC USB English Manual.pdf  

hi i have managed to upload my cnc6040Z XML settings file that came with the cd for my machine.great i hope you can help me with everything from start to milling something.

i have also attached a pic of the actual limit switches i would like wire in series 2 per axis on the actual board....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <<<Now i know that 2 limit switches will have 2 wires coming from them ---->1) Com(black wire GND) /// 2) NC(Red wire)
    so that is 6 wires /6 limit switches...>>>
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    now how and where on my jp-3163B v3.9 board i have attached a pic of , will 3 black wires and the 3 red wires be plugged in exactly ???

Also do i have use resisters with my limit switches or not i need full explanation i hope not ?????/??

Sorry for my persistence and rambling. :)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Schematicsman; 23-09-2017 at 05:32 AM.

This is how I would connect the limit switches.

Name:	limits.jpg 
Views:	3116 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	22868
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

I see Eddycurrent beet me to it

while I was adding to one of your pictures

Name:	limit switch connections.jpg 
Views:	5076 
Size:	332.8 KB 
ID:	22869

with only the link to select either the internal +5v or an external positive suppy for the input opto isolators
    but no link to break the ground connection

it looks like you can not take full advantage of the input
    opto-isolators

as soon as I can I will down load mach3 to see what the XML file setting are

John
    Last edited by john swift; 23-09-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schematicsman View Post
    [B]hi i have managed to upload my cnc6040Z XML settings file that came with the cd for my machine.great i hope you can help me with everything from start to milling something.
    That is not a MACH3 xml file, a simple check is to search the file in the text editor you are viewing it with, if "Mach3" doesn't appear multiple times in the file then it is not a Mach3 XML file.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

hi,there guys my machine is a cnc6040Z USB, Im using my original board JP-3163B v3.9 like photo i showed awhile ago ,now i have a problem with my Y axis it wont move just makes a growling sound , but when power is off i can manually move it and no problem,X and Z no problem .Can anyone help me remedy this? thank you:)
    Last edited by Schematicsman; 04-02-2018 at 05:46 AM.

Assuming you've setup Mach correctly (particular the motor tuning, with sensible accelerations and velocities - keep it simple/low performance - 100/400 respectively to start with, and 5us pulse-width)

Swap the output wiring (plug on the card?) from the X axis with the Y axis, to see if the problem is truly related to one channel on the controller (i.e. if having swapped the wiring the X-axis starts failing then the problem likely lies with the board). At that point you're limited to checking DIP switches etc on that channel - or full blown fault finding which I guess is likely outside your comfort zone given the nature of this question.

If you had access to a scope, I'd be looking to trigger/display a waveform on the step pin on the input from the 25W D-type whilst monitoring the CLK (pin 3 on the TB6560) to check that the signal was getting through cleanly. Then verify the signal on CW/CCW pin (pin 21) to verify that's clean - though that is not indicating a problem from your description. If those signals are clean, then the problem is either with the TB6560 or the PCB itself - visual on solder pad/dry joints.

If the signal on the step-pin is good (it should be - if not look back up your chain from the parallel port cable to PC) and the CLK pin on the 6560 is crap, then you need to look at the performance of the opto-isolator that decouples the parallel port to the controller.

Edit: Added a missing bit:

If, having swapped the axis, the Y axis still fails, then look at the integrity of the wiring from the board plug to the motor. Check for continuity between pin-pairs, and no continuity between the pairs (i.e. pins A+B = low impedance; C+D = low impedance, A+C = high impedance... just up to you to find the mapping of A,B,C,D onto the plug). If that's wrong - then it's either the wiring at fault, or the stepper itself.
    Last edited by Doddy; 04-02-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    Swap the output wiring (plug on the card?) from the X axis with the Y axis, to see if the problem is truly related to one channel on the controller (i.e. if having swapped the wiring the X-axis starts failing then the problem likely lies with the board).
    Word of warning here don't unplug with power on else you'll blow the drives up.!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information