. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lives in Devon, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 759. Received thanks 27 times, giving thanks to others 52 times.
    Help again please

Wheres the best place to get electronic components. Ive tried the bay but no one seems to sell everything. Is RS or maplin the best?

Ive used saffron electronics until now, but they have stopped trading

Cheers

There is RS I like them but can be dear, then Farnell-CPC same sort of outfit again can be a bit dear on some things. I use these people quite a bit http://www.rapidonline.com/ good prices and good website, easy to use etc.
    Can't comment on Maplin as I don't use them.

Rgds

Dave

I use http://www.rapidonline.com/ really good choice for most things and the service has been second to none so far.

Check out the Clearance Section first i'v allot of stock from that section, what was you looking for?

You could try http://www.farnell.com/ as well, however they seem to be upgrading the website. They use the same system as the RS website last time i used that site.
    .Me

where farnell win vs rapid is every time I've placed an order...they've done free delivery (whereas Rapid charge 3 or 4 quid *unless* you order more than £30's worth of kit I think). Rapid are normally cheaper, but their range is much much less.

Maplin are (by & large) expensive, but useful if you've one nearby & only need one or two Bits & bobs.

Then there's the smaller outlets (handy for the more scarce stuff). i rather have a soft spot for cricklewood electronics.

Finally don't forget the states (especially if the pound holds its recent footing)....Digikey are often quite cheap & deliver free if you place an order more than £50 (thye pay the import duty, but you'll have to pick up the tab for the 15% VAT)

5. farnell are by far and away the cheapest on most things and free delivery (which if you are like me you forget stuff is a major plus... I've had 4 orders delivered next day from them this last week, each of about 2 - 3 quid...). I have compared Rapid, Farnell, RS, Maplins, CPC and few others like Crickelwood Electronics and farnell have come out best onmost projects and have the biggest range.

RS is free delivery if you order over the web but charged for if you order by phone.

One exception is if the site is down and you tell them they will waive the delivery charge.

John S -

7. Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    RS is free delivery if you order over the web but charged for if you order by phone.

One exception is if the site is down and you tell them they will waive the delivery charge.

Only if you have an account.... I beleive (but i could be wrong, not checked) if you don't its minimum £4.95.

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Only if you have an account.... I believe (but i could be wrong, not checked) if you don't its minimum £4.95.

OK that makes sense.
    John S -

Lives in Devon, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 759. Received thanks 27 times, giving thanks to others 52 times.
    Cheers everyone. Thats a real help. I new someone on here would Know

Looks like Farnell is the winner then. Being able to get everything from one place definetley saves in the long run. If you have to order from 3 or 4 places, the postage soon adds up.

Ok then. Im off to place an order......
    Thanks again

AHHGGGG. Just spent the best part of an hour selecting parts and then when I finally make it to the invoice page the site crashes......"Closed for essential maintainence" apparently. So I'm not going to get those parts for the weekend now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information