. .
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I'm looking to get a couple custom knifes made for presents.
    They're essentially a general purpose spreading knife, probably best described a variation of a palette knife.
    Couple pics can be found at the following links -
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdmlr19szn...G0065.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/y69mfqip8o...G0066.jpg?dl=0

Several attempts have been made to find replacements, but nothing similar has ever been found. That one dates from the mid 90s, and the other one that finally snapped last year (with a far better shaped handle!), was even older.

I'd like to get a couple replacements made if possible, however all my searches for knife makers turn up solid knife makers. So does anybody know of any knife makers who might be able to make something like this, or at least point me in the direction of somebody who can?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

This looks pretty similar .
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Kitc...8-5885064d067c
    Cheers
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kitchen-Tools-Cheese-Slicer-Wide-Sandwich-Spreader-Butter-Knife-Cheese-Spreader-Stainless-Steel-.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	151.4 KB 
ID:	22860Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kitchen-Tools-Cheese-Slicer-Wide-Sandwich-Spreader-Butter-Knife-Cheese-Spreader-Stainless-Steel-.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	22862
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Greeny; 22-09-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Cheers Greeny.

I have since found out what I'm looking for is better known as a Sandwich Knife/Spreader, and are more common over the other side of the big pond. Managed to get one via Amazon's global marketplace from a known manufacturer, failing that there's a couple more options, but postage will be far more.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Glad you're sorted.

Thread Information