. .

Thread: Photoshop help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No need to waste your time doing this now, I got it done yesterday and a file sent to the printers.

Thanks for your input and time BTW

Quote Originally Posted by Dean jeffery View Post
    No need to waste your time doing this now, I got it done yesterday and a file sent to the printers.

Thanks for your input and time BTW
    No problems I'm enjoying having a little play in Inkscape I hadn't fired it up this year lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skull funky.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	275.7 KB 
ID:	22950  
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Lol knock yourself out the logo needed to be a direct copy or as good as a copy.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Photoshop can do everything you want or might need to do with any photo. I am talking about the pro version I am using, not the free one they include in every scanner and many cameras. The free version is really just a joke.
    But the problem is, a photo is not what you really want for graphics.
    I know the last major version of PS that I used was CS2, and it did have some vector graphic functionality, but Illustrator was what was designed for working with vectors.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I know the last major version of PS that I used was CS2, and it did have some vector graphic functionality, but Illustrator was what was designed for working with vectors.
    +1
    I use Photoshop for bitmap editing and creation but Illustrator or Corel Draw are the correct tools for anything which may require resizing where degradation such as jagged edges must be avoided in enlarged versions.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I don't know the Illustrator, so I won't argue against. I am using CS5 but sure, mostly for photography, not vector graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    I don't know the Illustrator, so I won't argue against. I am using CS5 but sure, mostly for photography, not vector graphics.
    For 2D CNC paths, vinyl cutting paths and any other graphics you wish to be able to scale without degradation you need a Vector Graphic not a Bitmap Image. Vector Graphic packages are unsuitable for working with bitmap images of normal complexity because every block of every colour would require it's own vector outline and colour fill resulting in enormous files which tend to be totally unmanageable, even a small colour gradient would have a huge number of colour bands.
    It's a case of Horses for Courses,

- Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information