Hello to all,

I am new to the world of CNC Routering, if that's correct spelling / grammer. I have a few years experience on 3D Printing if that would help at all.
I would very much like to build a CNC router to use my Dremel with a bed size of approx 1000mm x 600mm. The bed being made of 18mm MDF. Ive been told that for a router of this length I should be looking to use belt drives. I am not looking for the land speed record for this router but neither do I wish for the "Escargot" of all routers

I am aiming to cut bulkheads and wing ribs for Large RC aircraft / Jets, Carbon Fibre Plates for Multirotors.
One that can cut Balsa Wood, Ply and Carbon Fibre sheet, Ideally Up to a MAX 10mm thick.

I have downloaded the plan pack from Bluurmax cnc but they would need adapting from imperial to metric. I have looked at some software and this does not seem unrealistic.

As for electronics I am open to suggestions. I have a budget around £600 / £1000 but naturally keeping the overall cost down would be advisable, as this year I have purchased three turbines, four jet airframes and made a Vacuum Former and modified my 3d printer three times.

I look forward to hearing from the knowledgeable on this matter

Happy CNC'in!