. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I received my Kress 1050w today and put Kev 's setting into mach3 as he suggested and did an air cut first followed by my first aluminium piece. All is perfect!
    I'd like to say a massive thank you to you Kev for helping me. I don't know how or why it's working but it is.
    I'm very happy :)

Hi,
    I found this on a hunt for answers, my cncest 3040T was ramping rapidly, I checked the settings and z was way off. So I reset all to 400 1500 400.
    But Z is still ramping slightly from 0.000 start at stock point, after 180° return to zero it reads 0.0025 but its actually 1.0025mm.
    It's the 800w machine with the water cooled spindle motor.

Is it the first block or third block of numbers I need to change in motor tuning to try and keep it level?

If it's a straight radial cut it's fine. But there are rises and dips in the model so it's after repeated direction changes it runs off.

I also have axis problems on my 3040t cnc. The x-axis doesn't move. There is a grinding noise? The knob turns with Mach3 back n' forth and moves x. I'm not familiar with cnc's? Is there some type of Ball Nut on the rod. Is there a plastic nut. Can it strip? If so where can you buy one?
    Whatever is hooked to the t-rod to move the motor rt and lft. has a problem! I'm a super newbie to a 3040t. Please help!
    Thanks,
    Tom Megna

Today seems to be a day of thread revival :)

Tom, help us to help you a little. Photos always help immensely trying to understand a machine from across the pond. The term "3040t" describes a generic form factor of typically Chinese machines without any clear indication of the actual machine build.

You mention a noise, a turning knob? (is this attached to the motor?) - I'm going to assume that the motor has two shafts - one driving the drive screw and the other with a rotary knob affixed. And trying to move the X-Axis the knob rotates?, but the bed does not move? If so you might be right with your thought process, but I'd hazard a guess that there's two devices to investigate:

1) Motor coupler - connects the motor shaft to the lead screw. That is normally fixed by two grub screws, 90 degrees opposed on the lead screw; and a second pair of grub screws tightening the coupler to the motor shaft. If these are loose then the motor won't drive the drive screw.

2) Ball nut. Or trapezoidal nut, or delrin nut, all depends on the machine build. But, yes, a nut assembly that fixes to the bed that traverses the drive screw. If that's stripped (possible with a delrin nut) then it could explain your observation.

You're going to have to get your hands dirty and a screwdriver out to look at the mechanical behaviour of the machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information