. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello everyone.
    I am quite new to the world of CNC machining and have only just discovered this site. I have read quite a few messages with peoples cnc problems and questions and really do feel for them.... all I can say is keep going!! I got a bee in my bonnet in March this year, which is when I first discovered what a CNC router was .... I had to get one.... I was hooked. I set about finding a machine and after a bit of looking I decided on a company called ROUTOUT CNC based in Wales. Long story short.... the machine is brilliant.... can't fault it....the chap there is called Mike Gaylor, without him I wouldn't be at the stage I'm at now. I went there in April to pick up the machine and receive half a days training. I can't impress how much he taught me in a few hours, I went in a complete novice.... I mean a COMPLETE NOVICE having never even seen a CNC in the flesh before and came away with a fantastic machine which I could basically work. Now its 4 months later, I have taught myself the basics of some design software called Rhino 3d and made a small amount of money making scratchplates for a guitar parts company. I have now also finished my own bass guitar which I gigged for the first time on Saturday. I made the whole guitar on the Routout Z90L .... neck, finger board and body. I am really chuffed with it, so whatever stage you are at..... just keep on, because the feeling you get when you have created something purposeful is fantastic. Although I must say that I really needed help to progress and don't think that I would be anywhere near the stage I am at now without the help of Mike from Routout, It got to the stage where I was getting embarassed to ask him yet another question, but he was there every step of the way. What a bonus to be able to speak to the man that actually made your machine..... Give him a ring and see what I mean! (01269 841230) so glad I did't go to China or Germany!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cuttingaxe For This Useful Post:

Rob

Thread Information