. .
    Hi All!

I've posted this message already in the "new members" section but had no replies so thought I'd post it here instead.

My business is currently looking to engrave custom kitchenware (i.e. utensils). I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations or point me in the relevant direction?

Many thanks!
    Ziggy

I got a laser from HPC Laser in Yorkshire. Been very happy with it.
    They have a very good range so Im sure they would have something suitable.

Thanks Gasgasbones! I'll check it out. What specific model are you using? I am interested in something small (preferably desktop).

Has anyone had any experience with the Tykma Minilase e or the Trotec ProMarker?

Apologies for all the questions. A bit of a laser machine novice here :)

I have a 60W 6840 http://hpclaser.co.uk/index.php?main...products_id=38

I suspect that will be too big for you if youre after a desktop but they do a couple of desktop ones too.

I know the Trotec stuff is excellent but very expensive, as is Epilog. If you have a healthy budget then go for one of these !

These guys have a few models that may suit https://hobarts.com ( site down for maint at the mo)

Are looking to engrave metal ? my Co2 60w wont 'engrave' metal (ie wont cut into it ) but it does mark metal after a substance like Thermark or Cermark is applied first. If you are looking to engrave wood then the lower Wattage models will work well.

Where abouts in the country are you Ziggy ?
    Last edited by Gasgasbones; 18-10-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks for the suggestions Gasgasbones! I'm based in the North West. At this point, I am at the early 'research' stage. We will mostly engrave on plastics and wood, but possibly also metal in the future. We have a healthy budget for a machine so I would think something more future proof (for metal engraving) would be the way to go.

I will check out the Hobarts laser machines as well.

I was also thinking about something like the Minilase which looks compact enough, but powerful enough to engrave on most applications. I also wouldn't be ruling out Trotec or Epilog because we do see this laser machine as an investment for the business. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for the help! Really appreciate it.

Thread Information