. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    I still use the angle grinder for small cuts, I have a very handy light little Bosch which takes 100mm discs (awaiting delivery of 100) that are 1mm thick. They don't last long, but they are cheap and cut faster than the 3mm ones. If you are jigging up for welding, you don't have to be super accurate.
    Good quality discs last noticeably longer. I always used to get cheap discs, but I got given a box of good quality ones (I can't remember the name, but the box is in the shed). I'd say they last almost twice as long, unless you happen to jam them, at which point they still explode willingly
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

I use a 4" grinder in an Aldi cutoff stand with a 5" TCT circular saw blade for Aluminium up to 30mm x 50mm solid.

It really is a fantastic bit of kit and always makes me smile (and wear full face protection) whenever I use it.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I use a 4" grinder in an Aldi cutoff stand with a 5" TCT circular saw blade for Aluminium up to 30mm x 50mm solid.
    Totally didn't even know that was a thing... now I want one.

Machine Mart sell one for about £20, add your own grinder ;-)

- Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Good quality discs last noticeably longer. I always used to get cheap discs, but I got given a box of good quality ones (I can't remember the name, but the box is in the shed). I'd say they last almost twice as long, unless you happen to jam them, at which point they still explode willingly
    I look forward to seeing what the Parweld discs are like at £28/100. I have mainly used Smith and Arrow before and rarely had them break up, they just get to an unusable small diameter.
    Last edited by cropwell; 16-10-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information