. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    If it was sent from Germany, it would have been invoiced from Germany, so imported into the EU and resold, so if it is not CE, this is illegal.
    I thought the way these things worked was the items are held in a bonded warehouse, so not technically imported until they are sold. At which point they officially get imported to the EU (or forwarded to another country for import), and any import tax paid?

So as Nick says, it's still technically sold direct from China, just delivered via third party bonded storage.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

2. Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I thought the way these things worked was the items are held in a bonded warehouse, so not technically imported until they are sold. At which point they officially get imported to the EU (or forwarded to another country for import), and any import tax paid?

So as Nick says, it's still technically sold direct from China, just delivered via third-party bonded storage.
    I maybe wrong on this, but my understanding is that if it is in a bonded warehouse the vat and duty is not paid and is paid before its released.
    so who pays the VAT? all the adverts are showing as no VAT or duty to add, so the VAT and Duty is paid in the EU and this means that they woudl be invoied in the EU?
    Again, i may be wrong on this, becase i dont get involved with this form of importing.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I maybe wrong on this, but my understanding is that if it is in a bonded warehouse the vat and duty is not paid and is paid before its released.
    so who pays the VAT? all the adverts are showing as no VAT or duty to add, so the VAT and Duty is paid in the EU and this means that they woudl be invoied in the EU?
    Again, i may be wrong on this, becase i dont get involved with this form of importing.
    You're correct about VAT/duty not being paid if it's in a bonded warehouse.

I'd guess the seller pays any duty when the item is released, and it's just built into the price.
    I'd probably also hazard a guess that's there's some manipulation of prices to minimise duty/VAT costs.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

It's all covered in 3rd, 4th and 5th Party Warehousing contracts :D
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Lives in Filey, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 31-10-2017 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 19. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 3 times.
    A quick update. I wired in the VFD (including bonding the heatsink to my star earth point), and it's a dud. Everything powers up fine but when attempting to run the spindle it just trips into current overload. Whilst proudly bearing the HY badge and looking near identical to a genuine HuanYang inverter on the outside, the internals bear no resemblance and there are only about 30 editable parameters, none of which relate to motor current.

To give credit to the vendor they have refunded me in full and told me I can keep the spindle, but looking at the prices for a decent 4HP inverter I've decided to run with a Kress 1050 for the time being.

Buying Chinese stuff really is a crapshoot.
    Last edited by Jeff; 19-10-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information