. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Filey, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 31-10-2017 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 19. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 3 times.
    I've watched some pretty impressive videos of the UC300ETH in action and it was definately on my radar, but that BOB you listed is seriously expensive. Would the UC300ETH run with an MB-2 which I know was designed for the ESS but appears to have all the functionality of the UB-1 for half the price?

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Gerry - does the UC300 support proper dual-motor axis squaring? If so, that's another big plus point.
    Yes, it does.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I've watched some pretty impressive videos of the UC300ETH in action and it was definately on my radar, but that BOB you listed is seriously expensive. Would the UC300ETH run with an MB-2 which I know was designed for the ESS but appears to have all the functionality of the UB-1 for half the price?
    $320 includes the UC300ETH. The UB1 itself is $180. Yes, you can use an MB2, but it would require a 5LPT motherboard for the UC300ETH, which adds $40, and makes it the same price.

The UB1 + UC300ETH + UCCNC license = $380.
    An ESS + MB2 + Mach3 License = $565

Also, the MB2 has less functionality then the UB1. The UB1 adds analog inputs, an extra analog output, and an extra relay.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ger21 For This Useful Post:

Lives in Filey, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 31-10-2017 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 19. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 3 times.
    Thanks Gerry. I really should learn to read instead of just skimming, I'd assumed that was the price for the UB-1. I'm not commited to Mach3 so I'll take a look at the UCCNC software. At £380 all in, this looks like it might be just what I was after.

I've decided on the UC300Eth and UB-1 and have them on order. Thanks for all the helpful comments and advice.

I forgot to mention that you can use that combination with Mach3, and there's also a Mach4 plugin being developed as well.
    So you have 3 control software options available with the UC300ETH-UB1.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ger21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I think Mesa / Linuxcnc is a step too far at the moment, I looked at Mesa/Pathpilot and discounted it for the same reason. I'd have bought the CSMIO IP/M in a heartbeat if it supported independent axis homing for slaves and I still haven't ruled it out completely but manually squaring the gantry seems like a bit of a fudge.

The Purelogic board looks interesting but I can't find any English documentation, and I'm guessing support would be an issue too.

The warp 9 ESS looks well supported but the cost with a PMDX-126 and shipping/import duty/vat puts this combo very close in price to the CSMIO IP/S so that puts me back where I started, either the CSMIO IP/M or a cheap standalone chinese all in one to get the machine moving and making chips.
    Jeff, Purelogic do have English documentation. Ask them by their email address

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information